Going back to a real amp and pedals after a long digitally induced hiatus

The new End Machine (basically Dokken with a legit singer) is pure fire! :chef

So this is more like it! The first 2 albums for whatever reason he kept the gain basically as low as possible. And while his tone and playing were great, it just didn't sound right IMO...

The new End Machine (basically Dokken with a legit singer) is pure fire! :chef

I really dig the music on this. That isn't Mick Brown though, is it? That style of vocal is perfect for it. Yet the 80s vocal approach is a bit too (hair) 80s for me. You have a bit more of penchant for that kinda vocal thing and I am a bit more stuck in my "I don't need 5 more Sebastian Bachs in my life" kinda thing. Imma give it a further listen as I have heard about this more than a few times and never dove in :beer

I thought this song was a cool collab but I never listened to anything beyond this song. Solo is tough af

Lynch is actually coming back here soon, at another dinky ass bar in Boca this time. It's a nice place, but like the last time he was here, it's a bar and not where I'd expect to see George Lynch playing.

Damnit....I'm gonna have to go to that one. I wanna hear that Marshall from a couple feet away.

I recognized that stage right off the bat. I ran sound at their old location a number of times. One of those times was for Saving Abel. I also played there occasionally. I know the owner. His new location is much closer to you than me.

I recognized that stage right off the bat. I ran sound at their old location a number of times. One of those times was for Saving Abel. I also played there occasionally. I know the owner. His new location is much closer to you than me.
Saving Abel: When Pop Evil Was Already BookedTM :oops::barf:rofl

Wicked Sensation >>> Any Dokken album
dog perform GIF

Say what? I actually like both of those bands quite a bit. I own many CDs from both bands.

Pop Evil are local boys in these parts. We do a few of their tunes at present. Our current
drummer was chosen to be their new drummer in the mid 2000s, but was raising a young
family at the time and chose his kids over the road. Honourable, but damn that must hurt
a bit inside. :LOL:

Pop Evil are local boys in these parts. We do a few of their tunes at present. Our current
drummer was chosen to be their new drummer in the mid 2000s, but was raising a young
family at the time and chose his kids over the road. Honourable, but damn that must hurt
a bit inside. :LOL:
Your drummer
Offset Slow Motion GIF by IDK

Hahahah it’s about 1.7 miles from my apartment.

I will have to keep that in mind if I ever decide to drive down there and check out a show. The biggest thing for me is that is quite a distance to drive back home after drinking.

They opened this one after the pandemic and were focused on live music right away. My buddy Jeff runs sound there (and the Culture Room) and they’ve got something going on at least 3-4 nights a week, even if it’s just karaoke. Always see the same people in there having a blast, seems like they’ve got a group of good regulars.

What’s crazy to me is Lynch played there and Adrian Vandenburg is playing the Parker Playhouse where Vai/Satch/Yngwie play when they come here. I’d expect to see Lynch at the Culture Room at least.

They opened this one after the pandemic and were focused on live music right away. My buddy Jeff runs sound there (and the Culture Room) and they’ve got something going on at least 3-4 nights a week, even if it’s just karaoke. Always see the same people in there having a blast, seems like they’ve got a group of good regulars.

What’s crazy to me is Lynch played there and Adrian Vandenburg is playing the Parker Playhouse where Vai/Satch/Yngwie play when they come here. I’d expect to see Lynch at the Culture Room at least.
Sounds like it is pretty much the same place in a different location. It was always busy and had some good live music in it. Greg got hooked up with some promoters that got him access to the bigger name acts a number of years ago. I was in there running sound for a local band that I eventually ended up playing in when one of the tour managers stopped in. He liked what he was hearing and asked Greg about it. He had me come to the back of the bar and introduced me to him and told me he wanted me to run sound for SA when they were there. I was running sound for two bands that played there somewhat frequently at that time. I was in there a fair amount. I ended up playing in there with two different bands. They liked it loud in there. It was a fun place with good music.

I was kind of shocked that he closed it up. I was even more shocked when he reopened it down there. He lives a bit North of me. I am wondering if he finally retired from his job and moved down there. I haven't talked to him in a few years.

Back