Marshall 2525H Day

Helix doesn't have the perfect marshall model for my needs

-> "Helix Silver Jubilee 2555 Request Thread" ?
Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
You have to post daily though, and maybe around 2039... if you're lucky...

Brought the mini jubilee/helix couple at rehearsals yesterday night and I'm really, really happy.

This band is not loud and I played all night with master at 3, lead master at 7, gain at 5.

It's not a fair comparison because I used to run the 100W jubilee into a 4x12 with V30s while now I have a 2x12 with 25W greenbacks but anyway,
this little jewel seems to be a bit brighter and of course with a bit less bottom. The other thing I've noticed in a band context is that the mini jub seems spongier, more dynamic somenthing I really appreciate.

Last edited:
or that powering the 2x12 with a tube power amp instead of a class d might make a difference,
I don't think people understand how bad almost class-d amplifiers are.

IMO, they are better suited for lower frequencies, i.e. subwoofers.

Played the mini jubilee in 4cm with the helix floor at tonight's rehearsals.

I believe I've played this setup 10/12 times so far with this band I've joined and guys, I can tell you, this little amp is a gem and makes me want to try the other marshall studio series.

I'm really in love with this one.

the wired thing is that I'm liking the mini more than the 100W. Or at least more than the memory I have of the 2525X, an amp that used to be my all time favorite.

could be that I'm using greenbacks instead of v30s or my mind paying tricks at me.

I don't know and don't really care either.

I just wanted to share my love for the 2525h/helix combo.

Last edited:
Back