Lovepedal ‘Sale’

Well, I'd potentially argue that it is not fair to Sean. :idk

He sells a pedal to a guy in Hawaii, who then marks it up, and sells it to someone else as "Brand New"
when it was clearly not.

That's being both dishonest and an opportunist, in my eyes.

Nothing grinds my gears more than dishonest people and those who can’t keep their word. Piss on those mfn dirtbags…carma is a mean bitch, may they reap what sow ten fold…
bad bitch GIF

I think I have two in my two Zendrive² pedals (one white, one black). I think the left side (higher gain side) is gold on both pedals. OD11 -- have that in the Box of Awesome. Not interested in the CoTernity (Mystic Goddess), Karl, Muddy Puddles (I'll pass on the Auto Wah), JMP 11, etc.

I got clammy for a second but there’s nothing here making me budge from not buying more dirt pedals. Thanks for the heads up, @Blix!!

Is there any difference between the Zendrive Gold, Red, and the original? I have an original Zendrive I bought directly from Hermida and have been gigging with it for over a decade. It looks like they're asking crazy money for them these days.

17134713220_3aa4f8dc5f_z.jpg

For years it was the only pedal I used, seen here with the amp channel switching pedal, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner and a blue flashlight I picked up at 7 Eleven on the way to the gig on the Benjamin Franklin Yacht. Not exactly a well sorted pedalboard but it was actually all I needed.

49280286072_8a831d3ebb_b.jpg

883453288496668758-ben-franklin-yacht.max.jpg

Great story and pics! :beer

There are differences for sure. YOu have the OG Zedndrive and seem to dig it. I'd hang onto
and keep it.

The Zendrives that came out after the licensing agreement between Lovepedal and Hermida
are different, both in terms of gain and feel.

If I can trust myself here I would say in terms of gain range, from low to high, I would go with
something like this:

Vanilla/White Zendrive
Gold Zen/Zendrive II
OG/Original Zendrive
Red Zendrive
Black Magic Zendrive

White and Gold are low to medium. OG I would say is medium. Red and Black Magic are higher gain ranges.

Last edited:
Back