Itchy sent me some boosts \m/

The one thing about tube rolling in the VII is it is packed in TIGHT. You have to pretty much remove the amp from the headshell to do anything. I would be pulling that reverb tank out as well :bag I wonder if it will run on 2 tubes at a reduced wattage? I could try out the el34s in the BL in the VII. I think I had this thought process already (5 times) but always stop short because I am too lazy to dismantle the amp :rofl

You should be able to run it on 2 tubes, usually it’s either the two inside tubes or the two outside. I don’t know about the VII specifically though.

That kinda sucks that they make it so tight. Reminds me of a car my dad had where you had to remove the engine from its mount to change spark plugs o_O

I preferred ELs in my triple Rec…

Those are some cool pedals, always great to compare stuff side by side like that. I’ve wanted to try some thorpy stuff for a while.

D

Reactions: JT
Xotic is great. The Soul Driven is one of my all time favorite pieces of gear. The low end dip switches seem to give everything that Mesa donk

I am betting you are right on that Amp 50? The footswitch they use is not my bag at all. Soft, can't tell if you actually activated anything if you didn't have an led kind of thing.
funny, I like the silent footswitch.:grin
which I think makes more sense with a tiny pedal so you don't have to press too hard. They're not very stable unless you dual lock them down.

Here’s what I want to know: what do they all sound like, plugged into each other, in series, and all turned on at the same time?

Nice!!! :D

I remember hearing lots of good things about the Angry Troll.

And yeah, Lovepedal switches... Yuck. Which is sad, because their stuff is pretty decent otherwise.

Reactions: JT
Here’s what I want to know: what do they all sound like, plugged into each other, in series, and all turned on at the same time?
Black Hole Star GIF

Nice!!! :D

I remember hearing lots of good things about the Angry Troll.

And yeah, Lovepedal switches... Yuck. Which is sad, because their stuff is pretty decent otherwise.
I feel like the AT is waiting for the right job to do it's thing :satan

Haha! The AMP50 is really intended to be an always on pedal anyways. Less of a on/off boost and
more of a push your vintagey-clean amp into breakup at less than ear-shattering volumes.

Back