Lovepedal ‘Sale’

I am just curious. A pic doesn't seem that outlandish. I have never seen one in real life. :idk

Was that from the run of only Gold pedals he did last winter?

Did you try running it alone and not in line with other pedals? K'zoo
doesn't always like buffered pedals around it. :idk

If you think it is defective why not return it to the seller, who charged
you $60 more than Sean sold it for and sold it as "Brand New?"

Last edited:
Cool! Was that from the run of only Gold pedals he did last winter?

Did you try running it alone and not in line with other pedals?
I think it was the SNS from March. Either way, I should've held out for the blue version. The person who sold this one bought it from the SNS and resold it. Then I got saddled with something that doesn't work correctly.

Would a buffer cause a pedal to hardly reach unity volume? If not, then I fail to see the point. PS, my blue BOA was in line with quite a few buffers.

By the way, this'll probably be another ~$30-40 shipping back and forth, on top of the $225 I already paid. To be honest, I could've gotten a better pedal at that point.

Yeah, K'zoo can have issues with being connected to buffered pedals, but your Blue
one was cool, so that is probably not the issue.

I'd just create a claim/return with Reverb and send it back to the dude in Hawaii who sold
it as "Brand New" when it was secondhand, Ace. That's dishonest. No sense you having to
eat it or pay any costs or hassle with it if there is something legitimately wrong with it.

You can easily do a Return through your Reverb Purchase history.

Yeah, K'zoo can have issues with being connected to buffered pedals, but your Blue
one was cool, so that is probably not the issue.

I'd just create a claim/return with Reverb and send it back to the dude in Hawaii who sold
it as "Brand New" when it was secondhand, Ace. That's dishonest. No sense you having to
eat it or pay any costs or hassle with it if there is something legitimately wrong with it.

You can easily do a Return through your Reverb Purchase history.
It seems to have a manufacturing defect, so I don't feel it is fair to the seller. I need to decide if the pedal is worth $250+ with shipping to and from Sean to actually want to go through with getting it looked at or not. I'm more focused on the EMG Revelation Bridge/S2/Revelation Neck setup I ordered custom from Alison at EMG.

Well, I'd potentially argue that it is not fair to Sean. :idk

He sells a pedal to a guy in Hawaii, who then marks it up, and sells it to someone else as "Brand New"
when it was clearly not.

That's being both dishonest and an opportunist, in my eyes.

Well, I'm an idiot. While I didn't notice it with my other pedals, it was very apparent with the Kalamazoo side of the BOA. La szum, thank you for the note about the buffer. While I don't think that was necessarily an issue, I eliminated everything but the EMG ES-918 (power supply), BOA, and the Two Notes Cab M+. Oh, hey... there's the volume. Quite a bit, actually. I put it back within the rest of the rig, and it went back to having the issue I was experiencing.

Apparently, the problem was the output setting on the Boss MS-3. I set it from L to L+R, and now there is all of the volume back. The Marshall pedals in my other loops side better too, though I did have to pull the volume from the output on the MS-3 back some.

As we say in IT, PEBCAK -- or in this case, PEBCAPB. (Problem exists between chair and keyboard, or in this case, chair and pedalboard)

Oh man! It's just awesome you found out what was going on. :beer

One thing I discovered after years of gigging and setting up and tearing down
so often was that 9 times out of 10 a perceived problem was on our end, and
how we connected everything, or didn't connect everything. :LOL:

I work in IT, so I'm used go people either making mistakes (either due to carelessness or because they should've taken a break), so that is my go to.

Back