Lovepedal ‘Sale’

Vintage Modern moved ahead of the Purple Plexi…I may add this or just be done with pedals for now as I have my tonal palette pretty much covered…meanwhile I’ll enjoy looking at this beauty below…
hmmm GIF

Vintage Modern moved ahead of the Purple Plexi…I may add this or just be done with pedals for now as I have my tonal palette pretty much covered…meanwhile I’ll enjoy looking at this beauty below…
hmmm GIF

I got a VM, total impulse buy because of these damn sales, but I dig it. I thought it’d work better with humbuckers but found it was much more pleasing with single coils, of course, YMMV!

I got a VM, total impulse buy because of these damn sales, but I dig it. I thought it’d work better with humbuckers but found it was much more pleasing with single coils, of course, YMMV!

I have one, too. Vintage/COT side = SCs and Modern/Purple Plexi side = HBs. For me. :chef

It's crazy you can get two circuits that are also stackable for about an Hundred and Fiddy!

Oh, and it was the 178 DD, which you already have, right?

I have one, too. Vintage/COT side = SCs and Modern/Purple Plexi side = HBs. For me. :chef

It's crazy you can get two circuits that are also stackable for about an Hundred and Fiddy!

Oh, and it was the 178 DD, which you already have, right?

Ahhh, maybe that’s how I gotta give it a shot. I didn’t even think to use the difference sides….I actually forgot it‘s two pedals in one. I got that the same week I got the Les Pauls, plugged it in once for 15 minutes and it’s been in the studio since.

Phew….yeah, I already have the 178. This gives me hope he’ll bust out another OC42 run sooner than later.

And it's back.... or still going.

As many times as I’ve wished he released a delay pedal….and it’s a tape echo that I‘ll never use. :rofl

Almost got a Gold Tchula but NO MORE DIRT PEDALS!!!

I had a few things in my cart the other day and talked myself out of them. Cot50 and Zendrive.
Must resist the temptation.

Watched another video of the Purple Plexi done by Brett Kingman. Damn, that one really was done well. I may just try selling some of the pedals I don’t use on reverb for the first time to “help” me “justify” another pricey drive pedal…
Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Is it too soon to get impatient? Anyone received their pedal?

Pretty sure every pedal said custom built to order, expect N weeks before shipping, but....

:bag

Last edited:
I didn't buy them from any of the SNS sales, but I did buy a white and a black Zendrive² recently. They pair quite well with the Nordvang Triple Gain, as well as with each other obviously.

Bought a Box of Awesome in gold to replace the one I had to sell.
The pedal is crap and I doubt Sean responds to my reach out via Instagram. I feel for what he went through (he told me to keep quiet about it and that he'd "make me something" when he was back up and running -- that'll never happen), but the lack of CS and the fans excusing it needs to stop or he needs to cease doing business. It is unuseable: I had a blue BOA, and I do not remember the OD11 side having any clean blend (this is around 50/50), plus the Kalamazoo side, at 100% on the volume, still sounds like it's below unity.

I can't put it on the seller to refund it, as it seems like a factory fuck up. Frustrating to say the least.

The pedal is crap and I doubt Sean responds to my reach out via Instagram. I feel for what he went through (he told me to keep quiet about it and that he'd "make me something" when he was back up and running -- that'll never happen), but the lack of CS and the fans excusing it needs to stop or he needs to cease doing business. It is unuseable: I had a blue BOA, and I do not remember the OD11 side having any clean blend (this is around 50/50), plus the Kalamazoo side, at 100% on the volume, still sounds like it's below unity.

I can't put it on the seller to refund it, as it seems like a factory f**k up. Frustrating to say the least.

That's sh*tty. I've seen people say he generally responds on IG and he responded to the one email I sent him with a question about a Dover, but that's all I've dealt with him outside of ordering the pedals.

That's sh*tty. I've seen people say he generally responds on IG and he responded to the one email I sent him with a question about a Dover, but that's all I've dealt with him outside of ordering the pedals.
You won the lottery then. I doubt I'll get a response, but I'll update if I do. Others have a hell of a time getting in touch as well. Definitely keeping an eye out for a blue BOA, as those will likely be worth a shit. This gold one though will either collect dust in a box or need to be refurbished by someone reputable. Fml.

Man, not sure why the instant skepticism and default to so much negativity.

Sean doesn't get a chance and then when he replies the assumptions are
still full of negativity and doubt. :idk

My two cents is it may not be the pedal. There are different iterations of the BOA
and not all of them include the same circuit. It is super confusing and something
I think Sean could correct and do better. Some have Zendrive circuits. Some have
Super Six circuits. Some have Kalamazoo and left side of the AMP 11 circuits. It's
all a bit of a crap shoot if you don't know exactly what you had and what you are
getting.

Buffers can also play a HUGE role in thinness/volume. Some of the pedals don't
like a Buffered pedal before or after. I'd be shocked if it was the pedal being defective,
and not something simpler and more prevalent like that, or what was outlined above.

I just wish we lived in a culture where negativity was not assumed 10 seconds into our
experience and people can go and spew about someone or something when it may
not have anything to do with what is being assumed to be the problem.

Get it sorted out first. Give the dude a chance. Then if he fucks you then call it out.
All seems a little early and a rush to judgment----but those are the times we live in.

Last edited:
Man, not sure why the instant skepticism and default to so much negativity.

Sean doesn't get a chance and then when he replies the assumptions are
still full of negativity and doubt. :idk

My two cents is it may not be the pedal. There are different iterations of the BOA
and not all of them include the same circuit. It is super confusing and something
I think Sean could correct and do better. Some have Zendrive circuits. Some have
Super Six circuits. Some have Kalamazoo and left side of the AMP 11 circuits. It's
all a bit of a crap shoot if you don't know exactly what you had and what you are
getting.

Buffers can also play a HUGE role in thinness/volume. Some of the pedals don't
like a Buffered pedal before or after. I'd be shocked if it was the pedal being defective,
and not something simpler and more prevalent like that, or what was outlined above.

I just wish we lived in a culture where negativity was not assumed 10 seconds into our
experience and people can go and spew about someone or something when it may
not have anything to do with what is being assumed to be the problem.

Get it sorted out first. Give the dude a chance. Then if he f***s you then call it out.
All seems a little early and a rush to judgment----but those are the times we live in.
The Gold and Blue BOAs are supposedly more or less the same circuits. The Kalamazoo side particularly has to be cranked and barely reachs unity volume on my pedal. The OD11 side did not have a clean bleed issue on my blue model. I've followed the SNS sales and know what the gold BOA was meant to be. I do not remember any of the BOA types having Zendrive circuits. The Blue/Gold is OD11 and Kalamazoo; the white is either Deluxe and Super Six, or dual Super Six if memory serves. Sean has released some versions of the Zendrive² in a similar box/format, but is not a BOA.

By the way, imagine getting something new, paying $225, expecting it to work as you would expect based on prior experience, only for it to seemingly have issues on both circuits.

Back