Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

I actually reckon if this had of been EUR $99 for Level 3 and it included on-board profiling, it would have been a home-run-winner.

Its all part of the plan to re-inflate 2nd hand Toaster, Rack and Stage prices ... which rather ironically, it may well do.

Sadly it may just open the door for NDSP to do the same thing with the Nano.

I always thought even if I didn't love the Kemper at $1800 plus the controller, I'd be down for a mini version that was around $600. I've been temped by the Player before just to have as a fun little option, but hesitated based on the limitations.

If this whole thing was an April Fools in September, and they just released the functionality, I'd probably find a way to pick one up. Would be fun to throw on a board. But DLC on an already expensive device is a big "HELL NO" from me.

I actually reckon if this had of been EUR $99 for Level 3 and it included on-board profiling, it would have been a home-run-winner.

Wasn't the Line 6 Pod pricing something like $49 per pack or $99 for everything? I'm pretty sure I got the high gain pack for the XT back in the day.

If Fractal was ever going to drop a FM Stomp, there's no better time than now!
baby has GIF

Yeah. Just noting out that the reason that NDSP keeps their ecosystem very closed is that they intend to make money out of it down the line, as they're the only middleman for every transaction.
So I guess this is the first time it works in our favor that they're so damned slow with everything. Open your wallets S O O N.

You are paying used Toaster prices just to get feature parity in a smaller form factor without a screen.
It is CRUCIAL to also point out, this player pedal doesn't and will NEVER perform any kind of profiling for you. So you're really losing the main reason to buy a Kemper in the first place. I know, I know... y'all think nobody profiles anyway (despite rig exchange numbers disproving that!) but I am serious - there is literally no reason to buy a Kemper if you don't want to profile amps.

Ironically I would have actually considered that
Nano w all amps and Effects for say 199 , I may have
Maybe. But that puts you at $750... I'd want more I/O and a much better UI at that price point.

Woah... that is bad.

That being said, is it as bad as NDSP who will charge you 1500 for a QC + Pcom?
The NDSP plugins amount to a total of approximately 2700 extra.
That's if you want every single plugin, despite the fact that they overlap with one another, and more importantly, with the QC's factory content.

(Besides which, there are only two QC-compatible plugins available at the moment.)

Per Kemper support....the upgrades are tied to each unit. So if you are like me and have two Kemper Player units, you will have to pay twice. The upgrades aren't tied to your Kemper account. SO BAD!

Hacker hat on: i don't own a Kemper, so i don't know how this works. Do you need to log to your account to use the device, or just to update?
Someone will eventually capture and upload the upgraded firmware if it does the latter.

As bad as this sounds; why would you expect an upgrade purchased for one device to be applicable to every other same device you happen to own that didn't have a paid upgrade purchase attached to it?
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

As bad as this sounds; why would you expect an upgrade purchased for one device to be applicable to every other same device you happen to own that didn't have a paid upgrade purchase attached to it?
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis
Most other software you buy, you can on up to two or three computers at once. The H9 algorithms could be shared across multiple devices as I recall?? There's definitely precedence for it.

Mostly because paid updates for guitar hardware makes you wonder if you're paying for a device... or a service.

Hacker hat on: i don't own a Kemper, so i don't know how this works. Do you need to log to your account to use the device, or just to update?
Surely the latter. (And stop calling me surely.)

Someone will eventually capture and upload the upgraded firmware if it does the latter.
That's not quite how profiling works. No one is going to be able to profile the additional delays, reverbs, etc. - nor the UI elements to allow the user to select between them.

(Or are you talking about someone managing to hack the Kemper Player and firmware installation itself?)

Back