Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

A bit more reasonable pricing would have them look like heroes…but they must really need the money.

Funniest part: they couldn’t even wait for the code to be out of beta before going for the cash grab.

That price puts you in the realm a "full" device, too. You can buy a refurbished Head directly from Kemper, for the price of a Player + both updates.
Oh yeah totally. Used prices on Kemper are the lowest they've ever been.

I mean, check these stats for the Kemper Stage:
1727438037570.png

I don't care if a company has a marketplace for captures. But to paywall functionality when the unit is capable at launch but you choose to dwarf it is another thing

Yeah. Just noting out that the reason that NDSP keeps their ecosystem very closed is that they intend to make money out of it down the line, as they're the only middleman for every transaction.

Would be nice to share captures with files like Kemper does.

Weird move considering I haven't heard anything positive about kemper in a long time apart from people having respect for them being the first to bring this technology to market.

Neural and IK took their lunch money and this is not going to help them get it back IMO. I'm not in the market for a capture device or player but if I was I'd probably hold my nose and go for the nano cortex.

Even down here in Oz ..... new prices put the Player and the Level 3 Pack at ~ AUS $1700.

Virtually any day of the week you can find mint condition Stages with 1 - 2 years of Warranty left for AUS $1300 <-> AUS $ 1500.

And that's not even including that the Player with the Level 3 features will need some sort of decent quality 6 - 8 Button Midi FSW for you to sensibly access the new features in any sort of live situation !! ... so then even the "size" benefit evaporates

Woah... that is bad.

That being said, is it as bad as NDSP who will charge you 1500 for a QC + Pcom?
The NDSP plugins amount to a total of approximately 2700 extra.

So I checked quickly on their website and with all the updates bought you have a ~1100€ 3 buttons kemper stage without screen and not even stereo xlr.

Kemper stage brand new is like 1400€ and used kemper stage are about 1000-1100€ (in France)

That’s a quite expensive small backup.

Woah... that is bad.

That being said, is it as bad as NDSP who will charge you 1500 for a QC + Pcom?
The NDSP plugins amount to a total of approximately 2700 extra.

I *hate* NDSP Corporate ..... but even I will say the QC, NC and the Plugins are separate standalone mutually exclusive products.

Nothing like what KPA is doing with the Player.

F*ck that was hard for me to type.

Its all part of the plan to re-inflate 2nd hand Toaster, Rack and Stage prices ... which rather ironically, it may well do.

I will repeat. TRUE Stomp size, payable upgrade to as full of functionality equivalent as the biggest brother (of my modeler of choice) till the cows come home.

You can buy a used Kemper Toaster between 700-1000 € here in Finland. Kemper Player is 699 € new. You are paying used Toaster prices just to get feature parity in a smaller form factor without a screen.

I would not be surprised if we see "Sale, Level II now only 100 euros!" discounts by next year.

I don't think anyone would complain if they had just sold the Kemper Player with Level II features for say 799 € originally. The DLC setup leaves you feeling like you are being nickle and dimed to get the features most people want.

It's just crazy. It would be one thing if it was net new functionality or like a new chip you plug in to expand the hardware. Or even something like a Kickstarter to fund development of new effects or capture 100 amps. But just to unlock something that was already there and was purposefully held back is backwards! Especially when they did things like liquid profiling and USB audio for free.

Unless they priced the Player at something like $399 and then made up the difference based on functionality. But that horse already left the barn.

Back