Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

I sold my toaster years ago, but if I still was involved in the Kemper ecosystem, a paid update would annoy the shit out of me. That's a couple steps backward to the days of Line 6, et al, selling upgrades/updates to hardware. No thanks.

I'll believe it when I see it. They can't seem to get out of their beta cycle that went public back in spring(?)...and although I haven't switched my toaster on in a while, I think the EQ button on the front panel is still broken. I seem to remember that they said something about making it usable again back in 2021. Maybe by 2030 they'll get it together...?

New video shows a larger box. Seems to be larger than the Stage. Not sure though. I think the forklift video just means three levels of Player setups. Not paid / paid for some / paid for all including profiling.

Last edited:
Date: September 26, 2024

Fractal Audio and Kemper Collaborate to Launch the Groundbreaking Kemper Stage 2​

[ChatGPT, The Internet] – Fractal Audio Systems, renowned for their innovative axe-fx technology, and Kemper, the creators of the world-famous Profiler guitar amplifier, are excited to announce the launch of the Kemper Stage 2, a revolutionary step forward in the world of digital guitar amplification and effects processing.

The Kemper Stage 2 is designed to provide musicians with the ultimate tool for harnessing high-quality sound in any performance setting. Building on the foundations set by its predecessor, the Kemper Stage 2 combines Fractal’s advanced modeling techniques with Kemper’s signature profiling capabilities, delivering an unrivaled experience for both live performances and studio recordings.

Key Features of the Kemper Stage 2:

• Enhanced Sound Quality: Utilizing state-of-the-art technology from Fractal’s Axe-FX, the Kemper Stage 2 offers unparalleled audio fidelity, ensuring that musicians achieve their desired sound with precision and clarity.
  • Seamless Integration: The collaboration allows for easy integration with various guitar setups, thanks to its user-friendly interface and MIDI compatibility, making it ideal for performers of all skill levels.
  • Versatile Profiles: Musicians can now access a vast library of profiles, ranging from vintage amps to modern high-gain sounds, enabling them to explore a multitude of tonal possibilities without the need for extensive hardware setups.
  • Robust Build: Built to withstand the rigors of live performances, the Kemper Stage 2 features durable construction without sacrificing portability, making it a reliable companion for touring musicians.
  • Intuitive User Interface: The redesigned interface makes navigating through presets and settings simpler than ever, allowing artists to focus on their music rather than technicalities.

Quote from Fractal Audio Systems CEO:
“We are thrilled to partner with Kemper to bring the Kemper Stage 2 to life. This collaboration allows us to merge our technologies, providing guitarists with a powerful tool to explore new musical landscapes and elevate their performance to new heights.”

Quote from Kemper CEO:
“The Kemper Stage 2 represents a milestone in guitar technology. It captures the essence of what makes our Profiler so beloved while enhancing it with Fractal's advanced processing capabilities, ensuring that musicians have everything they need right at their fingertips.”

It's already got it... That's what liquid profiles are essentially.

nah liquid profiles just changed the generic pre/post eq, it used to be fixed freq centers and Q to adjust profiles, liquid profiling they just measured real amps eq controls and added the "tonestacks" from actual amps that you can swap in, so the pre/post eq can now have the freq centers and Q of the real amps. afaik the base clipping core distortion brains of kemper profiles hasn't been changed/touched/improved at all ever since kemper profiles first came to exist

nah liquid profiles just changed the generic pre/post eq, it used to be fixed freq centers and Q to adjust profiles, liquid profiling they just measured real amps eq controls and added the "tonestacks" from actual amps that you can swap in, so the pre/post eq can now have the freq centers and Q of the real amps. afaik the base clipping core distortion brains of kemper profiles hasn't been changed/touched/improved at all ever since kemper profiles first came to exist
And yet they still sound so incredibly good, which is all that matters.

Count me out of paying for any sort of functionality upgrade. With 2 Kemper Racks and Player (and a Helix Rack), I expect the updates for free :/

It would be really weird for them to add USB audio functionality for free 10 years after releasing the profiler and then nerf the player and charge people to add functionality.

Side note the video seems to show “level 1” as four boxes tall, level 2 as about six and then maybe level 3 is eight? So could be the number of blocks available?

It would be really weird for them to add USB audio functionality for free 10 years after releasing the profiler and then nerf the player and charge people to add functionality.

Side note the video seems to show “level 1” as four boxes tall, level 2 as about six and then maybe level 3 is eight? So could be the number of blocks available?
maybe they are going to give the option to LVL up
you can choose to buy the 2 blocks extra or the 4 for a total of 8

if they are for pay will be interesting to see what pricing they are looking something like $99 LVL 2 or the full capability of the Stage for $199 or something like that

maybe they are going to give the option to LVL up
you can choose to buy the 2 blocks extra or the 4 for a total of 8

if they are for pay will be interesting to see what pricing they are looking something like $99 LVL 2 or the full capability of the Stage for $199 or something like that
Sadly from the pic that floats around it seems the extra amp controls aren’t ported.

IMG_1362.png

Kemper and NDSP are having a dumb off with their minis and meanwhile HX Stomp still nailed everything from day one lol
I really dont get the NC and Kemper player comparison to the HX Stomp on here. They don't do the same thing. If we boil it down to it being a digital device, sure, but the NC and Kemper are profilers.

If someone wants to capture their gear and dont care for models, they aren't going to be getting a HX Stomp. It's not the same product.

I really dont get the NC and Kemper player comparison to the HX Stomp on here. They don't do the same thing. If we boil it down to it being a digital device, sure, but the NC and Kemper are profilers.

If someone wants to capture their gear and dont care for models, they aren't going to be getting a HX Stomp. It's not the same product.

Amp and cab and some effects in a pedal. That’s why people compare them.

They aren’t going to get the Kemper Player for capturing their gear. It is a ‘player’. You would need another Kemper model if you want to profile your gear to use in a Player.

They aren’t going to get the Kemper Player for capturing their gear. It is a ‘player’. You would need another Kemper model if you want to profile your gear to use in a Player.
Very true! Regardless, different ways to skin a cat but I don't view them as the same type of product. But that's just me

Sadly from the pic that floats around it seems the extra amp controls aren’t ported.

View attachment 29442

^ Yep. All the EFX and 4 pre/post Slots is great ..... but the KPA "deep" Amp Parameters are fantastic ...... there aren't a billion of them like FAS but the ones that are there a super-focused and fantastic at tuning a profile if/when needed ..... this would be a big omission i.m.h.o.

Maybe if there is a Level 3 Package that includes Profiling Ability, it will come with all the Amp Block parameters ?

Back