Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

Surely the latter. (And stop calling me surely.)

That's not quite how profiling works. No one is going to be able to profile the additional delays, reverbs, etc. - nor the UI elements to allow the user to select between them.
I think he means grab the firmware during the upgrade process and apply it to another unit without paying.

That's not quite how profiling works. No one is going to be able to profile the additional delays, reverbs, etc. - nor the UI elements to allow the user to select between them.

Note that i'm not talking "capture" in the profiling sense here. I mean sniffing USB traffic and capturing the firmware in flight.

If the user account is not tied to the device's usage, it should be feasible to reproduce the firmware upgrade to Lvl. III on a second device. This has been done in the past, for other hardware categories.

Note that i'm not talking "capture" in the profiling sense here. I mean sniffing USB traffic and capturing the firmware in flight.

If the user account is not tied to the device's usage, it should be feasible to reproduce the firmware upgrade to Lvl. III on a second device.
I see. Without speculating too much about how Kemper will encode vs. serial numbers, etc... I suppose this is possible. And totally illegal. You'd want to be very careful as to whether/ how you connect that unit to any Kemper services thereafter.

Surely the latter. (And stop calling me surely.)

(Or are you talking about someone managing to hack the Kemper Player and firmware installation itself?)
That's not what I was referring to. I meant the firmware upgrades for someone who owns more than one Kemper Player.

mr robot serie GIF

YOU SEE BENIFIN; MR. ROBOT WAS A HACKER. AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HACKING THE KEMPER PLAYER. ALBEIT IN A COMPLETELY THEORETICAL MANNER, NEVER WOULD I EVER SUGGEST THAT THIS ACTIVITY BE ENGAGED IN IN REALITY. THE FEELING OF WHICH MR. ROBOT IS CURRENTLY NOT ABLE TO ASCERTAIN.

OK so what does today's free firmware update give us?

From the KPA Site NEWS Section - the bits in red are actually something good - the full Amp and Cab Parameters is excellent ... credit where credit is due as they say :)

PROFILER Operating System 11.1.0.54956 Public Beta introduces the following innovations:

Audio

added: support of KEMPER ASIO USB audio
fixed: anomalies of Generic Gain at clean Liquid Profiles

User Interface

added: combo foot switch functions at PROFILER Player
added: all Amplifier and Cabinet parameters accessible at Player
added: support of fee-based upgrades at PROFILER Player
added: MIDI CC# 81 and 82 for Looper Start and Looper Stop

YOU SEE BENIFIN; MR. ROBOT WAS A HACKER. AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HACKING THE KEMPER PLAYER. ALBEIT IN A COMPLETELY THEORETICAL MANNER, NEVER WOULD I EVER SUGGEST THAT THIS ACTIVITY BE ENGAGED IN IN REALITY. THE FEELING OF WHICH MR. ROBOT IS CURRENTLY NOT ABLE TO ASCERTAIN.

I just loved the meme as it made me think of the posts that were starting to emerge already on the KPA forums :)

I should watch that show - its been recommended to me a few times.

I find it ironic that Fractal stuff costs soooooooo much more than the competition, but not once did I ever feel like I was being ripped off by Fractal.

Honestly, unless capturing is everything to you, the value proposition still favors Fractal.

A brand new FM3 now costs the same as a Kemper Player + all upgrades. There're plenty great devices at ~$1000 to chose from.

Honestly, unless capturing is everything to you, the value proposition still favors Fractal.

A brand new FM3 now costs the same as a Kemper Player + all upgrades. There're plenty great devices at ~$1000 to chose from.

Actually ..... I hadn't even thought of that ^^

Less.

FM3 II Turbo: $1099.99
Kemper Player $698 (Sweetwater) + $499 $299 (upgrade bundle) = $1197 $997

IMO, what's really happened here is that Kemper has squandered a perfect opportunity to curb stomp the Nano. Shrug....it's their funeral.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I got the $499 number somewhere upthread. It's wrong. The upgrade price is $299, making the FM3 more than the upgraded Player. Sorry for repeating misinfo!

Last edited:
That being said, is it as bad as NDSP who will charge you 1500 for a QC + Pcom?
The NDSP plugins amount to a total of approximately 2700 extra.
PCOM doesn’t cost extra though. If you own the plugin already you have HW support there. and the plugins don’t require any HW, they aren’t an expansion or add on as much as distinct standalone products that are supported on another platform.

Only company so far. My opinion on Kemper has gone down drastically. This could green light other companies to start doing this who just didn't want to be the first
Eventide did this with their H9 quite a while ago. However, I that's the exact opposite of what Kemper has been doing for the last 12 years.

Back