Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

1727436179564.png

Paid DLC lol

Im no longer in the Kemper-verse ...... but those prices strike me as being "pretty f*cking steep" ... probably 3 x what I thought /expected they would be in order to make "buying" too hard to say no to.

Worst part is that Rig-to-Rig Spillover is only in Level 3 !!!!!

Bloody hell.... that is pretty atrocious. You have to pay £126 x2 to get a looper... or rig spillover.....

Clearly, they deliberately launched a nerfed product into the marketplace. Terrible. Their finger really isn't on the pulse of the market at all is it. They're trying to invent a market that doesn't exist. Nobody wants to spend £649 for the device, and then £126 followed by another £126... just to get a fully functioning device.

That is £901... for a profiler that can't profile!

In comparison, I think Neural knocked it out of the park with the Nano Cortex, despite their gash marketing videos!

Only company so far. My opinion on Kemper has gone down drastically. This could green light other companies to start doing this who just didn't want to be the first

I hope you're right ..... I cant see Fractal *ever* doing this ..... I cant see the Line 6 of 2024 doing this.

I.m.h.o and experince and I have been using KPA's on and off for 10 years .... and have massive respect for C.K ... but I was stunned when he floated the whole Paid DLC when the Player launched and am now triply-stunned at the prices being asked.

Before C.K said anything of Paid DLC when the Player was released ..... everything they had ever done would have made me bet massive $$ that Kemper would never go down this path.

Yep .... it is the music business .... I get it .... but this is just flabbergasting for all the wrong reasons.

Huge loss of respect for Kemper / C.K (a) even going down this route and (b) making it 10x worse with the ridiculous pricing being asked.

Even the most rusted-on Kemper Fanboi's are going to have to do logistical and reasoning Olympic-Level mental gymnastics to "justify" this.

Line 6 used to sell DLCs back in the POD days, and quickly learned that you can make more money providing value to your customers rather than nickel-and-diming them.
Good to know. I guess I see this as the new trend in video games so I'm hoping it doesn't catch on here

Back