Just bought a Fryette LX. Thanks Whizz!

Update. See hyperbolic thread from yesterday or Saturday or whentfever.

LX at home is godlike. LX at the gig was not godlike. Not near loud enough for a 100 watt amp with the FM at least. 2 space rack is fine but it kind of hangs in the balance as well given it's here because I thought the LX would peel paint and it really doesn't. With the FM at least.

I am at a crossroads. I could go Synergy and hope that it somehow operates at a much louder level than the FM does. Or I could dump it and stick with the Stealth. Which isn't loud enough either with the FM.

I am running the output levels at 0 to where it just hits the red threshold but not louder. I could bump it up a few db into the occasional red but that seems like not a good idea. Good amount of $ to be tied up in something.

I've never owned one but this is likely the first time I've ever heard anything from Fryette not being loud enough. I'd contact their support to see if something is amiss.

I've never owned one but this is likely the first time I've ever heard anything from Fryette not being loud enough. I'd contact their support to see if something is amiss.
I think it's a combination of a lot of things and the Fryette not being one of those things. Unless I should have to run the level control on it at 80% to feel like I am getting the goods.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things and the Fryette not being one of those things. Unless I should have to run the level control on it at 80% to feel like I am getting the goods.

Yeah, I am not sure re: the level but I'd contact them anyway. Maybe there's something wrong, or there's a set up detail you overlooked. Dunno.

They'll help though. Good people.

Update. See hyperbolic thread from yesterday or Saturday or whentfever.

LX at home is godlike. LX at the gig was not godlike. Not near loud enough for a 100 watt amp with the FM at least. 2 space rack is fine but it kind of hangs in the balance as well given it's here because I thought the LX would peel paint and it really doesn't. With the FM at least.

I am at a crossroads. I could go Synergy and hope that it somehow operates at a much louder level than the FM does. Or I could dump it and stick with the Stealth. Which isn't loud enough either with the FM.

I am running the output levels at 0 to where it just hits the red threshold but not louder. I could bump it up a few db into the occasional red but that seems like not a good idea. Good amount of $ to be tied up in something.
The LX wasn’t loud enough? wow. Never ran into that.

Audience at JT's gig when the "not loud enough" guitrumpets come thundering through 100 watts of fryette power

Scared Rt Podcast GIF by Rooster Teeth

:LOL:

For real though that's a bummer, seems odd that its not giving up the goods

I agree with other posters that maybe it’s a problem with the unit? Anyway my PS100 and the LX can peal paint no problem. So I ditto either levels from Fractal being too low or something not right with the unit.

Yeah. I don't mean to be a party-pooper on it either as I really like the idea of it and at home it's devastating in the jam room. But the cheapie in me says "ehhh; not sure I can keep at it if it isn't going to do the trick".

I get it. Lots of $$ to tie up in something that only woorks for you in one setting.

Where you running it bridged? Stereo? Still curious about your output config
on the FM3, too. :idk

But yeah, regardless of all of that. You have a Stealth that does/doesn't do the same
thing. So, kind of a what's the point scenario, it seems.

I get it. Lots of $$ to tie up in something that only woorks for you in one setting.

Where you running it bridged? Stereo? Still curious about your output config
on the FM3, too. :idk

But yeah, regardless of all of that. You have a Stealth that does/doesn't do the same
thing. So, kind of a what's the point scenario, it seems.
Bridged mono. +4 out, level meter barely hitting red and output knob around 80%ish?

Whoa! WTF????

Where was your volume on the FM3 Output 1 and 2 knobs?
Between 75-80% It's gotta be either the LX has an issue or I am gain staging my FM3 preset all wrong. Like I said; the level meter at the output is barely every giving up the initial glimpse of red.

Back