Just bought a Fryette LX. Thanks Whizz!

Yes although it's confusing. Both channels need to be switched off of standby, and the impedance selector needs to be at double the total load (not half, as with some other amps). So to run my 8 ohm cab at 100W it's gotta be at 16 ohm selection which feels unnatural at first.

So much easier to bring this to a gig though! And I've got a backup matrix in the rack too. Modeler outputs tend to be a little lower than most rack preamps, so it's nice to have the extra juice. I found myself pushing the pa50 up to almost 75% pretty often, but it's been much easier to get loud enough with the lx II bridged. I've measured most of my rack preamps at around 0.8 - 1.4 V output range, while nearly all of my modelers are more like 600-700 mV unless I push them all the way near maxing out.
I missed that. I have 2, 8 ohm cabs connected. I looked in the manual and it said speaker ohmage rating is in parallel. I set the ohm value to 4 so I am assuming that's correct?

I missed that. I have 2, 8 ohm cabs connected. I looked in the manual and it said speaker ohmage rating is in parallel. I set the ohm value to 4 so I am assuming that's correct?

if it's bridged, the switch should be set according to the reading underneath the first switch. That's what it says in the manual too, but I actually confirmed via email for my own sanity because it's actually the opposite of how the TS100 works because for some reason it was confusing to me. So if it's bridged and the load matches what's on the middle markings you're fine

if it's bridged, the switch should be set according to the reading underneath the first switch. That's what it says in the manual too, but I actually confirmed via email for my own sanity because it's actually the opposite of how the TS100 works because for some reason it was confusing to me. So if it's bridged and the load matches what's on the middle markings you're fine
Thanks. Having all different ohm rating cabs and multiple amps and switching between them can get a bit treacherous sometimes :nails:rofl

Thanks. Having all different ohm rating cabs and multiple amps and switching between them can get a bit treacherous sometimes :nails:rofl

I thought I had it wrong because it died on me right before the last gig and I was sure I'd blown it - but it actually turned out to be a bad preamp tube of all things. Guess that's why I got it for $900, so it worked out well in the end. Seller probably had no idea and sold it knowing there was an issue but not what it was

I’m also doing war games on a rack…SoftCase…or build a custom cab with a rackspace in it the most viable scenarios :)
I know the feeling! I have a rack case I built for the Badlander. I put the Axe III in it. The LX is a hair too wide for it for some reason. I am thinking I need to loosen the III so there is a bit of flex on the sides. Not fully sold on that idea just yet though.

That’s what I hate about racks. If you outgrow it, you pissed away the first purchase, (until you start a second rack, duh!) but if you buy too big with a bunch of empty space it looks ridiculous. If you buy sensibly with a little room to grow, then you just feel the pull to fill it, and then when you fill it, you repeat the cycle again.

#Firstworldgearproblems

That’s what I hate about racks. If you outgrow it, you pissed away the first purchase, (until you start a second rack, duh!) but if you buy too big with a bunch of empty space it looks ridiculous. If you buy sensibly with a little room to grow, then you just feel the pull to fill it, and then when you fill it, you repeat the cycle again.

#Firstworldgearproblems
Seriously one of the worst goldilocks situations you will ever find :cuss

I know the feeling! I have a rack case I built for the Badlander. I put the Axe III in it. The LX is a hair too wide for it for some reason. I am thinking I need to loosen the III so there is a bit of flex on the sides. Not fully sold on that idea just yet though.
Are you gigging that axe III?…then adding it to the box makes sense,

My trackrecord with rack setups has been that they last max 2 gigs..and then I’m back to my old ways.

Didn’t you also own one of the FMs?…I’d be looking in the gator collection for a padded bag of some sort.

Are you gigging that axe III?…then adding it to the box makes sense,

My trackrecord with rack setups has been that they last max 2 gigs..and then I’m back to my old ways.

Didn’t you also own one of the FMs?…I’d be looking in the gator collection for a padded bag of some sort.
I've gigged the III a handful of times. My gigging board is as follows:
1724011038655.png

TOUGH act to follow compared to an admittedly more complex/option-laden rack rig. I've liked gigging it through the Stealth return and dual 112s with F12 speakers. The Fender FR12 has been good but not quite loud enough in some situations. I think best case could be put the fryette in a 1u and bring it when I want to use a high power power amp and the F12s.

I've gigged the III a handful of times. My gigging board is as follows:
View attachment 26811

TOUGH act to follow compared to an admittedly more complex/option-laden rack rig. I've liked gigging it through the Stealth return and dual 112s with F12 speakers. The Fender FR12 has been good but not quite loud enough in some situations. I think best case could be put the fryette in a 1u and bring it when I want to use a high power power amp and the F12s.
So the default is the Stealth? Thats 6kg heavier then your poweramp…so your high power option is lighter ;)
Did you ever try cabsimmed and synth from the f12…and a regular cab on the other side?

Btw..it’s time fractal & neural model the OC 5 ;)
I got very close in the QC building one brick by brick..but the polyoctaver in there is something special!

So the default is the Stealth? Thats 6kg heavier then your poweramp…so your high power option is lighter ;)
Did you ever try cabsimmed and synth from the f12…and a regular cab on the other side?

Btw..it’s time fractal & neural model the OC 5 ;)
I got very close in the QC building one brick by brick..but the polyoctaver in there is something special!
The default as of late has been the Fender FR12. It isn't quite loud enough in some cases and tube power is just a wee bit better. I have tried cabsim on one end and traditional speaker on the other. It's fine but I am still firmly in the need to straddle both lines, so to speak.

The OC is something special. I am sure the QC equivalent can be really good given their transpose/pitch shift capabilities. The FM pitch shifter can do a solid job as well. Something about the 'feel' of the Boss though is a better fir for my tastes.

The default as of late has been the Fender FR12. It isn't quite loud enough in some cases and tube power is just a wee bit better. I have tried cabsim on one end and traditional speaker on the other. It's fine but I am still firmly in the need to straddle both lines, so to speak.

The OC is something special. I am sure the QC equivalent can be really good given their transpose/pitch shift capabilities. The FM pitch shifter can do a solid job as well. Something about the 'feel' of the Boss though is a better fir for my tastes.

Does the fractal have the poly octaver function also? That’s what I use it for…only octaves on the lowest octave of the guitar, rest unaffected.
When I play duo with a singer I use it a lot.
Something like this…without the singer ;)

The OC5 is the best tracking octaver I’ve used. My problem with it was I associate the octave pedal with the POG, which I swear seems to have its own vibe. It may be a complete figment of my imagination though, but that’s the only reason I ended up getting rid of the OC5. I need to try it again and have a death match with the three knob POG.

The QC octave is really good. It’s one of the effects I think they really got right.

Just got the LX here about 30 minutes ago. Connected the III to it, then FM. What a STELLAR piece. Honeymoon and all that blahblahblahs. But really sounds fucking spectacular with the FAS stuff. Goddamn!

Green power light is :chef Zero use for the depth control (at least at this loud af but still home volume level). Presence switch, otoh; fuck yes. Very pleased.

Current con is it doesn't fit in my homemade rack case the III is in. So it maybe sort of has me thinking of the old Synergy time again. And the new FX8 single rack mount unit coming out with cab block, trumpet routing and XLR out.
Hall Of Fame Game Nfl GIF

It really is a great amp. Congrats!!

Back