IK Multimedia Tone X One?

Really, look at the Zoom MS units. There's editors, dedicated MIDI-over-USB footswitch arrangements and what not.
Many devices are apparently using MIDI for internal communication - but the protocol is not exposed and neither will you find any dedicated connections.
Only concern is that there’s basically no editor for the pedal. Only read/write preset. But if I confirm that uses midi in some form then it should be the same for the mini pedal.

Midi over USB would probably require a host which would defeat the "Tonex Mini" purpose and they dont have android or iOS SW, correct?
Pretty much this.

Almost any pedal I'm aware of, having a usb and soft editor of any kind, is able to have some midi over usb... Using a midi-usb-host device. But that's another device, cables, etc.

Pretty much this.

Almost any pedal I'm aware of, having a usb and soft editor of any kind, is able to have some midi over usb... Using a midi-usb-host device. But that's another device, cables, etc.
Have you met the fine folks at UA , that’s pedals retail for almost twice this

"It's a game changer, it's absolutely perfect, the most amazing product ever. IK are the nicest people I ever met! Such nice people, not at all like Kemper who steal amps and I hate them. This is totally different, not stealing at all. Kemper SUX."
1714021736907.png

On the IK Multimedia product page it explicitly shows no MIDI I/O or additional controllers, like an expression pedal.

I suspect that MIDI is the protocol used by the librarian, but all the messages may be SYSEX (proprietary).

In addition, a USB Host would be needed to connect: laptop, phone, CME uHost, or AirSTEP.

Am I being duped or is this legit 🤣

Overview of IK Multimedia TONEX ONE Guitar Pedal
A complete live rig in the palm of your hand

TONEX One delivers the same cutting-edge amp, cab, and pedal tones as TONEX Pedal, but in a pocket-sized, streamlined device.

TONEX One can replace any amp, boost, overdrive, distortion, or fuzz pedal, and its small size allows it to fit anywhere on any pedalboard. And with adjustable knob colors, any artist can afford to stack and configure as many independent effects as they need and easily tell them apart on stage. With the world's best tones taking up half the size of a traditional stomp pedal, there's no limit to what a pedalboard can do.

FEATURES:
• Advanced AI Machine Modeling™ technology for hyper-realistic tone
• Play models of amps, amps+cabs, combos or distortion, overdrive, fuzz,
boost and EQ pedals
• Stores up to 8 banks of 3 Tone Models each (2 for dual mode, 1 for bypass
mode)
• Gain, bass, mid, treble, and volume controls
• Onboard EQ, gate, compressor and reverb
• Tracks all on-stage changes with “always saved” behavior
• Dual A/B or on/off operating modes
• Cabinet bypass to connect to traditional rigs
• TRS stereo output to connect to other pedals, PA or headphones
• Runs on standard 9v pedal power supplies
• Also works as a USB audio interface for recording
• Access to ToneNET to share, download and load over 25,000 free and premium Tone Models

An endless ecosystem of tone
TONEX One offers complete access to the TONEX ecosystem. Connecting to a computer via USB-C, users can load dozens of included Tone Models, any they create themselves, or choose from over 25,000 available Tone Models on ToneNET.
Just connect the included TONEX Librarian to easily load, save and manage all Tone Models in seconds.

Two modes, unlimited possibilities
TONEX One offers 2 performance modes:
The dual preset mode hosts two presets, allowing the footswitch to toggle between them. It functions akin to a two channel amp - artists can have both clean and crunch sounds in one box, easily toggling between two completely different sets of Tone Models and settings.

The on-off mode works just like most pedals, toggling between a single preset and a bypassed state. This mode makes TONEX One an ideal overdrive pedal offering limitless choices of overdrive, fuzz and more. Best of all, TONEX One lets users save up to 8 banks of unique dual/on-off combinations, for a total of 24 total onboard Tone Models. With the ability to stack multiple TONEX One on a single board, the combinations are endless.

Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for IK Multimedia products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.

Wow. That's really cool.

Is there some sort of small device that converts 5 pin midi to usb midi?

USB to MIDI cables are dirt cheap; the problem is that you need a USB MIDI host to send messages, which is usually a computer. A quick search on Thomann will pop up a couple USB MIIDI controllers which can do this, but we're no longer talking a simple converter 😥

As far as i know, no modeler out there supports sending MIDI messages over USB (people have been asking Fractal about this feature for some time now). The bottom line is that MIDI over USB Is only practical if you're using a computer.

As stated, I have zero reason to buy any Tonex device, but with the Mini version, I'd definitely embrace the form factor/simplicity, and use it like a conveniently-sized preamp in pedalboard context.

No need for any deeper features, gimme one or two nice profiles that I can use like amp channels into a power amp, and I'm good.

Anything else, I'd rather get the "normal"-sized Tonex (if other modelers aren't an option). Ymmv tho 🤷‍♂️

This thing will make it easy for everyone to have a great sounding setup under all conditions. Once you're past the initial horror of dealing with IK software to send your facourite amps the pedal way, this is pretty much as "no fuss" as it gets and it's coming at a price that almost can't be called competitive anymore.
There's likely a corner for it on any pedalboard, otherwise you slap it into your gigbag.
You can power it from pretty much anything that has a USB output (read: not only from a powerbankk but possibly from your smartphone/tablet as well).
Heck, while I would never ever even remotely think of using this as a 2 channel amp (as the controls likely never represent either channel, so any quick adjustments are a horrorshow), in case your main rig breaks, that's still a fantastic option.
You can run the same patches DI or into the return of an amp.
Etc.

Really, at 200 bucks there's not only enough reasons to buy it but also very little reasons not to.
Personally, I will wait for a while as I have my Amplifirebox and Amp Academy pedals, but I'll reduce my setup to just one of them very likely anyway and once that is done, the remaining one will likely be replaced by the ToneX One.

Really, at 200 bucks there's not only enough reasons to buy it but also very little reasons not to.
While I agree, at the same time I loathe the IK software enough and just know that I will be annoyed by those mini knobs that I'm unlikely to buy one. With the large Tonex pedal, it was a nope for me for the software, form factor and also because anything but adjusting the basic settings was a pain in the ass.

USB to MIDI cables are dirt cheap; the problem is that you need a USB MIDI host to send messages, which is usually a computer. A quick search on Thomann will pop up a couple USB MIIDI controllers which can do this, but we're no longer talking a simple converter 😥

As far as i know, no modeler out there supports sending MIDI messages over USB (people have been asking Fractal about this feature for some time now). The bottom line is that MIDI over USB Is only practical if you're using a computer.
For the record the Luminite M1/M2 can act as a USB host and have a separate USB-A port to do so.

This thing will make it easy for everyone to have a great sounding setup under all conditions
Is it able to send an accurate amp DI and cab IR output simultaneously to different sources? Do you have control over bypassing poweramp behaviours when using with an external valve poweramp? Can you quickly/easily adjust mic positions on the IR to adjust for different rooms/situations?

Those are the kind of questions I think of when I think of great tones under all conditions.

Back