IK Multimedia Tone X One?

I mean, I guess that’s great for people who around with a pedal in their pocket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For me, the size aspect is novel. I’d rather the enclosure be 25% larger if it meant the additional of MIDI.
They already sell a bigger product w/ MIDI.

Like it or not, this thing is going to have a sh*tload of appeal for a lot of folks; it's just that most of them aren't on this board. LOL.

Like I said on the other ToneX thread a lot of folks will settle on 3-5 profiles and be done. You only have to tolerate the software to reach stasis. At this size and price point this thing will be a monster success.

...yes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, it's a TONEX profile loader which literally fits on a pocket, and retails for $180. There's absolutely nothing else in the market with that price/size/feature ratio out there right now.
Yes... but on price/size/feature, I get an amp sim for free/zero-physical-size/better-features if I need to use a few effects (I do) and so get an HX Stomp... I guess these pedals just don't make sense to me in a world with the HX Stomp.

Yes... but on price/size/feature, I get an amp sim for free/zero-physical-size/better-features if I need to use a few effects (I do) and so get an HX Stomp... I guess these pedals just don't make sense to me in a world with the HX Stomp.
For me, the size aspect is novel. I’d rather the enclosure be 25% larger if it meant the additional of MIDI.

But that's because it's not a competitor for the Stomp. Or the bigger TONEX pedal, for that matter.

This is intended to load a couple amp profiles and switch them as if they were channels. Or stompboxes you can tap in and out. In that scope, compromises like the lack of MIDI make perfect sense, and the pedal becomes (quite frankly) a steal. A good distortion pedal alone will cost you 2x a single TONEX One.

Hell, a standalone tuner or IR loader might be more expensive.

Last edited:
Totally understand. It can be a hot mess. But you could honestly fire up the software once, load the caps you want on the unit, and never touch it again if you want.

Does it need revamped? Absolutely!
Pretty much from Jons vid looked pretty simple dual Color coded capture
Put Paul from Hot Rats matchless capture in A
And Jarret grimley tone Wars in the HiGain and call it a day

And M*******f I just got an HW notification

But that's because it's not a competitor for the Stomp. Or the bigger TONEX pedal, for that matter.

This is intended to load a couple amp profiles and switch them as if they were channels. Or stompboxes you can tap in and out. In that scope, compromises like the lack of MIDI make perfect sense, and the pedal becomes (quite frankly) a steal. A good distortion pedal alone will cost you 2x a single TONEX One.

Agree.

This pedal is great for people who doesn't need/want midi, and who don't mind guessing input gain of others' profiles... Or plan to use it with their own amp profiles (so they can know what the correct gain is).

Under those use needs, yes, I also think the pedal is great.

Again, I get it. It's a great product for a great price.

But I need a few effects. So I buy an HX Stomp, and I get a free amp sim for no pedalboard space with more amp sim features than this thing. So this just ain't that exciting to me.

And everyone needs a few effects... so everyone just get an HX Stomp instead of this thing with its horrid software. This is my TED talk, k thx, bye.

The cynic I me (and let’s be honest, that’s about 99% of my being) wonders:

“Hey, let’s wait to release the mini. Bunch of people will buy the big pedal and get a buzz going, then they’ll already have everything sorted and ready for the mini so we can sell them a second pedal. And the cheap bastards that were excited by the buzz will love the lower price. But we will only include crippled software and they will eventually have to buy the whole MAX package” or something.

Just seems like it’s going to wind up costing about the same as the big boy?

Last edited:
The switching between two profiles did it for me, I can run a clean and heavy just like I do on my full size amps.
Anyone know if it will do a true bypass as well? Just thinking of some flexibility, clean channel at bypass, Marshall 2203 on CH1, and Dual Rec Ch2 for me and the songs we do.

Still don't want to Fuck with the software, lol...

The cynic I me (and let’s be honest, that’s about 99% of my being) wonders:

“Hey, let’s wait to release the mini. Bunch of people will buy the big pedal and get a buzz going, then they’ll already have everything sorted and ready for the mini so we can sell them a second pedal. And the cheap bastards that were excited by the buzz will love the lower price. But we will only include crippled software and they will eventually have to buy the whole MAX package” or something.

Just seems like it’s going to wind up costing about the same as the big boy?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a “efx + capture” big unit ready / in the books….and use this one as a low threshold entry to get as many people into their ecosystem as they can…Hoping these peeps will stay when they want a unit with more functionality. I could well imagine “analogs” dipping their toes in digital with these…worse case it ends up as a drive pedal ;)
To me that would be smart but fair strategy…

I don't think anyone here is saying this pedal is a must and you need to get it.

But idk how we all can't realize that for the price and size, it's pretty great, whether you personally would have a use or not.
I’m not saying it’s bad or anything. But the price compared to the big boy, when included software is factored in, is not such a big deal? I forget how many captures you get with SE but it wasn’t a lot.

For a guy new to digital, I think that limit is HUGE, and think it’s an ecosystem you’d only want to get into with a more full featured version of software.

I just don’t get that excited about something that is “a no brained backup” or “why wouldn’t I buy one for that kind of money?” If it were actually opening up the world of high end digital to people that didn’t otherwise have access to it, I’d be more excited. But I think the bigger version is the better bet for that.

...or are you just happy to see me?
IMG_8119.jpeg

IK multimedia are the budget airline of the digital modelling world. There's fees for everything after you've bought a product.

I prefer the line 6 and fractal way of doing things tbh.

I can absolutely see the appeal of a pedal like this but for me the software is a deal breaker and I just can't support a company like IK multimedia or neural regardless of how good their latest offering seems to be.

Back