IK Multimedia Tone X One?

I am getting along with mine.
9DF44D18-9D10-42E2-AA97-F27C97A03713.jpeg

Hey, I'm thinking about a Tonex One to augment my HX Stomp, hoping to solve my problem with quickly hitting the Stomp's limits with dual amp patches. I'd just run it in the FX loop basically. But I'd like to buy one with the intent of returning if I'm not happy with how it integrates with the Stomp etc, and so I'd rather not go through all the registration and software setup before knowing...

...so are the built-in, default captures decent enough to give me an idea on the Fender black panel, Vox AC, and the Marshal JCM tones it can offer?

Also, do those built-in captures sound good with the cab off? My very vague impression from reading here is that you can have Pedals+Amp DI captures, Pedals+Amp+Cab captures, and then "merged" [Pedals+Amp]+[Cab] captures, and that the cabs can be removed from the chain in merged captures, but it might not sound great when you do that? I've never used captures before, so please excuse my ignorance!

Also, do those built-in captures sound good with the cab off? My very vague impression from reading here is that you can have Pedals+Amp DI captures, Pedals+Amp+Cab captures, and then "merged" [Pedals+Amp]+[Cab] captures, and that the cabs can be removed from the chain in merged captures, but it might not sound great when you do that? I've never used captures before, so please excuse my ignorance!
With captures, you can't really say "do the factory ones give me a good idea of what to expect" because it's not like a model. Maybe the built in captures used a setting or mic or cab I don't like but someone on ToneNet used one I like better.

The general consensus is that trying to remove the cab of a full signal chain capture does not work well. You'll be better off just keeping the fill signal chain or getting a specifically made DI capture

With captures, you can't really say "do the factory ones give me a good idea of what to expect" because it's not like a model. Maybe the built in captures used a setting or mic or cab I don't like but someone on ToneNet used one I like better.

The general consensus is that trying to remove the cab of a full signal chain capture does not work well. You'll be better off just keeping the fill signal chain or getting a specifically made DI capture

Yeah, that makes sense! I was planning on avoiding any cab sim in the Tonex One and handling that in the Stomp in order to help mitigate the lack of MIDI, but I guess I can just try it with the full chain first and go from there before registering it and all that. Thanks!

Huh? If they were talking about the Ampero Stomp / Stage, they have some of the best UX of the bunch IMO.
I agree. The Ampero Stage has a fantastic UI. Best I've seen in years actually. It's sound is lacking compared to, say, Kemper though. Plus I had a bad buzz in mine that I couldn't filter out.

Last edited:
Back