IK Multimedia Tone X One?

Totally understand. It can be a hot mess. But you could honestly fire up the software once, load the caps you want on the unit, and never touch it again if you want.

That's pretty much exactly what I did with the Amplifirebox. I've got 3 pedal platform settings, 3 "best of" (should I need it for recording duties) and 3 emergency patches that I could use as a backup rig. Haven't touched them almost in ages apart from exchanging the IR on one patch.

That’s very impressive!

Well, ok, I actually lied. I forgot that I had to buy a used BE OD because the price was too good. But that was about it. Not even picks or strings (I stocked those up pretty well in '22, though). But apart from that, yes, I'm a bit proud of myself, too. But otherwise I couldn't have justified that nice, max'ed out Macbook Air, so there. It also massively helped me to streamline some of my stuff. Which was a great idea.

I hate that I'm looking at this as a feasible "captured OD" pedal. It still blows my mind that I can't load an OD capture and an Amp capture in the Tonex software. I suppose I'm less surprised that the OG Tonex pedal can't load two captures simultaneously. It would have been nice to allow for something like that in the Tonex pedal, but now for the low, low price of $180, I can add that feature to my Tonex pedal.

Along that line, it could be more interesting to find a used big boi Tonex pedal and use that as an "OD" pedal. With the three foot switchable presets, you have boost, OD, OD+boost.

Well, ok, I actually lied. I forgot that I had to buy a used BE OD because the price was too good.
IMG_3049.gif

I mean, I guess that’s great for people who around with a pedal in their pocket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fly-rig bro. Where are we flying? Nobody knows, but we’re ready when it happens. Plus…

giphy.gif

I guess these pedals just don't make sense to me in a world with the HX Stomp.

giphy.gif

I don't think anyone here is saying this pedal is a must and you need to get it.

thats a relief GIF by SYFY

They already sell a bigger product w/ MIDI.

Like it or not, this thing is going to have a sh*tload of appeal for a lot of folks; it's just that most of them aren't on this board. LOL.

Like I said on the other ToneX thread a lot of folks will settle on 3-5 profiles and be done. You only have to tolerate the software to reach stasis. At this size and price point this thing will be a monster success.

They basically “want” the pedal IK already sells :ROFLMAO:

Interested to find out if it can be powered by the USB out of my FM3, since it apparently can run from a normal USB source. I sort of doubt it but I'm definitely gonna try. Stick it right on the side with some dual lock and you don't even need a board! :D

Interested to find out if it can be powered by the USB out of my FM3, since it apparently can run from a normal USB source. I sort of doubt it but I'm definitely gonna try. Stick it right on the side with some dual lock and you don't even need a board! :D
That would be interesting to find out. I'm contemplating sticking one into the FX loop of the FM3 too.

Thomann has a video on it on Youtube and they specifically say it has no MIDI support.

Source:

No midi i.e. no midi jacks. Removing midi from the firmware would cost more than leaving it there but let’s see…

Will check the big tonex and see how it communicates over usb.

No midi i.e. no midi jacks. Removing midi from the firmware would cost more than leaving it there but let’s see…

Really, look at the Zoom MS units. There's editors, dedicated MIDI-over-USB footswitch arrangements and what not.
Many devices are apparently using MIDI for internal communication - but the protocol is not exposed and neither will you find any dedicated connections.

Back