I’m ready to quit Windows

For everyday use I don't think the two OS are that different. I can do pretty much the same things on both without issue.
Yeah, probably. But it really depends on the programs you have to run in a given day. At my old job, I'd be running Adobe suite, so mainly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign & Bridge all simultaneously. Add on at least 6 apps running from Microsoft 365 at any moment. And of course some online data bases, and about 4 to 5 servers. When I first started that job we used iMacs but the last 5 or so years I used a Macbook Pro pretty much maxed out and an external monitor when needed. The Mac handled everything flawlessly for the most part, most issues that would arise were externally related with servers, or some new system program we were testing or implementing.

Yeah, probably. But it really depends on the programs you have to run in a given day. At my old job, I'd be running Adobe suite, so mainly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign & Bridge all simultaneously. Add on at least 6 apps running from Microsoft 365 at any moment. And of course some online data bases, and about 4 to 5 servers. When I first started that job we used iMacs but the last 5 or so years I used a Macbook Pro pretty much maxed out and an external monitor when needed. The Mac handled everything flawlessly for the most part, most issues that would arise were externally related with servers, or some new system program we were testing or implementing.
And this is why designers are known as, "problem solvers"🤣

:farley

Funny thing though, my team would solve a ton of issues that IT couldn't or wouldn't. They relied on us for a shit ton of trouble-shooting. My team hovered in between the "creative" and "technical" realms. :knitWe were "special". :rofl
Yeah ... because IT would mainly use windows...and do more backend....and Mac users encounter issues all the time....so it does make sense. I am sure it is getting better out there now ...but back in the late 2000s....they were still working out a lot.

Thankful I don't have to deal with that crap again.

Yeah ... because IT would mainly use windows...and do more backend....and Mac users encounter issues all the time....so it does make sense. I am sure it is getting better out there now ...but back in the late 2000s....they were still working out a lot.

Thankful I don't have to deal with that crap again.
Probably early on yeah. But honestly, many of the IT peeps were cool with Mac because it made their job a bit easier at times. And I think they respected us more since we worked with them directly a lot and understood their pain for the most part. It's a thankless job in a lot of ways. But all and all, there really weren't a ton of issues (needless issues) that popped up in my department, especially for the amount of tasks we had to do throughout a day.

Animated GIF

We did ...it's open to all ...for shenanigans!!!!

You are welcome to come, bogo coffee is the special this morning !!!

Back