HX Stomp or Boss GX100?

riffy

Roadie
OK, simple question. I have not owned Line 6 since the HD500 Bean. Never owned a Boss multieffect .Which would be the best 4 cable host for Tonex? And why if you don't mind?

I'd probably go for the HX Stomp or GT-1000 Core just because they're smaller.

OK, simple question. I have not owned Line 6 since the HD500 Bean. Never owned a Boss multieffect .Which would be the best 4 cable host for Tonex? And why if you don't mind?

If it is between the HX Stomp or the GX 100 and you want to host/play your IR's on the Stomp or GX 100 ... under no circumstances get the GX 100 ... its IR Playback algorithm is totally borked and Boss refuse to fix it even though it has been pointed out to them many times - numerous examples at TOP.

If you are happy to host/play your IR's on the Tonex Pedal, the GX 100 is much better value for money and hardware design proposition and Tonex will run perfectly in the GX 100 Loop as it also does in the HX Stomp ... but the Tonex in the GX Loop will leave a sh%t-ton more blocks available than a Tonex in the Loop of a Stomp.

Ben

I'd hold out for the full size Tone-X capture and fx pedal. I'm sure the editor will be great
awkward bart simpson GIF

IMO I would go with an HX be Stomp XL alongside the Tonex.

HX Stomp has killer effects, super easy to program, very compact overall, plenty of switches, can be setup to toggle effects individually or in groups (snapshots), and can control MIDI. Also you can pretty easily power the HX and Tonex with one power supply on a compact board.

I have an HX floor, GT1000 core and GT1000. You can't even begin to compare the boss stuff to the HX family. They have fixed fx and a very few variable ones...I don't know why I need 400 eq's and delays in a row, but Boss figured you need it.

On the plus side, Boss switches presets like dropout free magic (maybe that's where all the DSP ran off to)

HX Stomp vs Boss GX100 - HX Stomp No question
HX Stomp vs Boss GT1000 Core - HX Stomp No question

If you ask me why, ease of use, customer service and product support (a huge landslide win on Line 6), quality of effects (subjective), quality of amps (subjective)

Between the HX Stomp and GX-100, I would choose the Stomp every time. GT-1000 CORE sounds much better than the GX-100, if that matters at all.

I landed on the GT core when I shopped for a 3 switch unit. I prefer Boss time efx over L6,more blocks, better set of IO, relay switching.
If you want loads of efx/amp options…maybe the balance should tilt to stomp.

Back