Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

I was hesitant for a very short while on the Stage. When I asked the TGP D&M folks if the issues were fixed with the early models of the Stage, I got a lot of negative replies. I went ahead and ordered 1 just a little over 2 years ago, so late 2021. Never had a single issue aside from my own mistake doing too fancy of a riverdance on the Tap Tempo toggle. Otherwise, mine has been stellar, especially when I loaded profiles of an Electra Dyne.

Honestly though, I'm not sure these new updates will be very useful for me. I do have some new amps I want to profile, but I am willing to bet my life there won't be a modeled tonestack for them. I can't even find one BC Audio profile on the Rig Exchange. So, when I profile my Grand Prix, I'll just have to stick with whatever I get. I'm totally ok with that.

Hey @Jaji, did you make your own Electra Dyne profiles, or did you find them on Rig Exchange?

Also, are they direct profiles, or was the cab included?

Looking at trying a powered Kemper head and interested in profiling my own Dyne + checking out other Dyne profiles. (Along with other amps, of course, but the Dyne seems to be my amp "spirit animal," it's all I ever want to play/hear. This would be for use with my 2x12 and 4x12 Mesa cabs.)

Thanks!

Hey @Jaji, did you make your own Electra Dyne profiles, or did you find them on Rig Exchange?

Also, are they direct profiles, or was the cab included?

Looking at trying a powered Kemper head and interested in profiling my own Dyne + checking out other Dyne profiles. (Along with other amps, of course, but the Dyne seems to be my amp "spirit animal," it's all I ever want to play/hear. This would be for use with my 2x12 and 4x12 Mesa cabs.)

Thanks!
To start with, I know I barely use very many of the Stage's features. I do have 4 locked effects, but still use pedals both in the front and through the loop.

I first downloaded Electra Dyne profiles from Rig Exchange and liked them well enough. After a while, I made my own, and I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference between them all. I've been sticking with the ones I found on the Rig Exchange. However, now that Liquid Profiling is out, I will likely venture to profiling my own again. I believe there were IRs baked into the ones I downloaded, but I don't use the IRs. I bypass the cab and send a signal to a Carvin Mach 100 which powers either a 2x12 or 2 1x12's. So I stick with my own speakers (Redback and EVM12L). For direct to FOH, I use a Captor X with IRs loaded that match my speakers. Sound guy never complains and I hear what sounds like a mic'ed cab coming through the mains. No complaints on my end, either.

I own a Dyne (obviously), Badlander 25, JP2C, TC50, and Mark IIB. Of all those, the Dyne is still my favorite. That was my whole reason for getting a Kemper in the first place. While I found a way to get volume equalized across all 3 modes on the Dyne, I have yet found a way to make the amp weigh less, lol! So, I still get to play and hear my favorite amp and save what's left of my back.

To start with, I know I barely use very many of the Stage's features. I do have 4 locked effects, but still use pedals both in the front and through the loop.

I first downloaded Electra Dyne profiles from Rig Exchange and liked them well enough. After a while, I made my own, and I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference between them all. I've been sticking with the ones I found on the Rig Exchange. However, now that Liquid Profiling is out, I will likely venture to profiling my own again. I believe there were IRs baked into the ones I downloaded, but I don't use the IRs. I bypass the cab and send a signal to a Carvin Mach 100 which powers either a 2x12 or 2 1x12's. So I stick with my own speakers (Redback and EVM12L). For direct to FOH, I use a Captor X with IRs loaded that match my speakers. Sound guy never complains and I hear what sounds like a mic'ed cab coming through the mains. No complaints on my end, either.

I own a Dyne (obviously), Badlander 25, JP2C, TC50, and Mark IIB. Of all those, the Dyne is still my favorite. That was my whole reason for getting a Kemper in the first place. While I found a way to get volume equalized across all 3 modes on the Dyne, I have yet found a way to make the amp weigh less, lol! So, I still get to play and hear my favorite amp and save what's left of my back.
I put out a free set of Electra Dyne profiles. They were using the speaker in the combo.

Took me a bit to dig these up:

There is a full pack on the site if you like them.

Yay Kemper. But really has no one around here posted about how the Edge is supposedly using UAD amp pedals at the Sphere run in Las Vegas? (Yes supplemented with Fractal but still.) Anyway December is my 10 year anniversary—uninterrupted—on the Kemper, so at that point I should probably write down some thoughts about it. Or not. 😳

PA50 is great - agree and wish they had a rack format. I think it's great for the size and weight though. No need to lug my 2/90/2 around. It's not the most neutral tube amp though, so consider that. However it sounds good with tonex or FM3 or whatever else I throw at it regardless, just maybe a little on the aggressive side. I use it instead of my matrix GT1000FX purely because I prefer the room sound and it has front controls, but the matrix sounds as good really. Just different.

Hey @northern_fox, I know this is an older post, but can you expand on that? What do you mean you prefer the room sound of the PA50 vs the Matrix? Thanks.

Hey @northern_fox, I know this is an older post, but can you expand on that? What do you mean you prefer the room sound of the PA50 vs the Matrix? Thanks.

Well, I can try - I guess I just mean that I like how it sounds more with a real cab. There's definite high end rolloff which is very helpful at louder volumes as well as the negative feedback, and there's a particular aggression/coloration that I like, whereas the matrix is just mean to be as flat as possible. I personally just enjoy it more and it takes less space / no rack (despite my "want rack version" comment :D )

So you already gave those a testride I guess?

Using what? All he owns is a potato!!

That's exactly why I asked...

Haven't tried the free demo LP's yet .... but see Video Demo below ...... maybe I'm just old and jaded ..... but this demo playthrough sounds pretty f%cking amazing through my monitors turned up *real* loud - its only 4 x amps .... 62 Vox AC30 .... 1976 Park 2x12 .... Marshall Bluesbreaker ....90’s AC30/6TB ..... but you could cover a f%ck-ton of tones short of ultra-rock / metal.

T.Y.E.N.N.T's ...... trust your ears not null tests ;)

Ben

N.T.A.E.O.T.Y.O ....... never trust anyone's ears other than your own ;)
Okay, well I skimmed the video. Sorry, aint got time to watch it all the way through. I did get a snippet of each tone though. The cleans are nice. The gain stuff sucks.

I like graphs and I like null tests.

T.Y.E.N.N.T's ...... trust your ears not null tests ;)
Null tests are only important if accuracy is the only metric you care about.

I've a Kemper Player and a ToneX, and both sound good are both are sonically in the territory of the amps they are capturing, so I'm not overly concerned about the minutiae of their accuracy.

Back