Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

I do realize TJ is not the most "warmly embraced" Y/T'er around here, but this is his Liquid Profiling 101 video ... still just applying the LP to a Legacy Profile ... but its one where he knows the settings .. I think the Amp Tone and Gain variations speak for themselves ... and again, no Kemper "tone-finger-print" .. its gone !

Looking "more and more better'er" every day :giggle:

Ben

Fucking hell. That sounds absolutely awful. Scratchy brillo-pad pubes in my ears! MAKE IT STOAHHHPPP!!!

Top Jimi profiles = complete suck.

Not gonna lie JT .... for me it was %99 MBritt Profiles .... with the only exception being the TJ Trainwreck Pack .... that one came up great ...... no ear-drum-shredding-ice-picks ... unlike most of his other stuff.

Fucking hell. That sounds absolutely awful. Scratchy brillo-pad pubes in my ears! MAKE IT STOAHHHPPP!!!

Yep ... first ....confession time ... I don't mind TJ ... I like how he explains and describes and demonstrates what he is doing :bag

As to his "uber-bright-strat-neck-pickup-tone-thing" ..... its not "my cup of tea" at all ... but in terms of adjustment etc... it has backed up all the other LP video's so far posted ... but yes ... a lot less talk/gush and more tweaking and tone comparisons on these early LP video's would be much better.

That's why I thought Jaricks video was really well done as are the ones by my fellow Aussie (y)

Ben

I’m still looking for a really good Friedman HBE profile. I’ve got a bunch and while I usually like MBritt all of his sound wonky. Otherwise I can find a few good Marshalls and Fender and Voxes.

I don’t think I really need much more than that. 99% of the time I’m on some kind of Fender (Deluxe, Twin, Bassman), Marshall (Plexi, 800, JTM), Vox AC30/Matchless C30, and a higher gain modded Marshall type amp like a Friedman.

I’m still looking for a really good Friedman HBE profile ...... and a higher gain modded Marshall type amp like a Friedman.
Don't know if you have d/l or tried it yet, but there is:-

=> 1 x Liquid Profile of a BE100 "Heavy" and
=> 2 x Liquid Profiles of "Rock" Marshalls

in the official "Rigbusters Liquid Profile Pack (August 2023)" direct from the Kemper Site here:- https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Ben

Well, I'm keeping my Kemper/Kabinet around for two reasons. One, I couldn't sell it locally, and two, my latency and weird sound issues (technical, I know) are resolved.

Wish I knew what fixed it but can only guess that the multiple updates in the past month reset something that a normal "reinit globals" and separate "factory reset" didn't correct. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LP is sounding good to me and does seem to react much better than before. Even retrofitted some old profiles, although not ideal since I don't know the orig settings. Definitely didn't make them worser! :grin

Tonez are good, no latency, etc. etc. etc. Probably just keep saving money until I can buy an FM3. Then I'll have Kemper/Tonex/Fractal.

He re-iterates an excellent point which [I'm pretty sure] is also in the OS 10 Manual / Addendum ... which in hindsight is stating the [very important] bleeding obvious:-

(a) potentiometer manufacturing variations are +/- in quite large % value terms
(b) these variations will be cumulative across all the Pots of any Real Amp being "modelled" .... as such
(c) it is absolutely unavoidable that any resulting LP will need some minor G/B/M/T Pot tweaking to exactly match the exact same Amp Pot settings ... not an issue but something to be aware of
Hadn't considered that aspect before and that kinda also puts it into "why not just buy a Fractal or Line6?" land.

If the profiles are not accurate, the knobs don't match to the amp behavior that well, you might as well be playing Fractal/Line6 that should at least be accurate to their reference models.

I do get that if you already own a Kemper there's not a whole lot of reason to sell it for something else and these new features are very welcome additions, but at the same time I don't see a great reason to buy a Kemper over the competition.

I do get that if you already own a Kemper there's not a whole lot of reason to sell it for something else and these new features are very welcome additions, but at the same time I don't see a great reason to buy a Kemper over the competition.
Imo it's the most stable, complete, and mature platform of all the capturing devices.

But with that said, with such the discrepancy between used and new price. Buy used all the way for kemper

Last edited:
Not gonna lie JT .... for me it was %99 MBritt Profiles .... with the only exception being the TJ Trainwreck Pack .... that one came up great ...... no ear-drum-shredding-ice-picks ... unlike most of his other stuff.

Yep ... first ....confession time ... I don't mind TJ ... I like how he explains and describes and demonstrates what he is doing :bag

As to his "uber-bright-strat-neck-pickup-tone-thing" ..... its not "my cup of tea" at all ... but in terms of adjustment etc... it has backed up all the other LP video's so far posted ... but yes ... a lot less talk/gush and more tweaking and tone comparisons on these early LP video's would be much better.

That's why I thought Jaricks video was really well done as are the ones by my fellow Aussie (y)

Ben
I think there are some really good Tone Junkie profiles. That TJ is great. Top Jimi sound like thin sizzly crap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hadn't considered that aspect before and that kinda also puts it into "why not just buy a Fractal or Line6?" land.

If the profiles are not accurate, the knobs don't match to the amp behavior that well, you might as well be playing Fractal/Line6 that should at least be accurate to their reference models.

I see it totally differently.

To me .... the point is that the Kemper Amp Channels .... as with the Fractal and Helix Amp blocks *are* accurate but *only* with respect to the Amp that was Kemper "channeled" or Fractal / Helix "modeled".

Take an AC30 as an example.

Kempers AC30 is "Amp Channeled" to their AC30
Fractals AC30 is "Modeled" to their AC30
L6's AC30 is "Modeled" to their AC30

These are 3 different AC30's.

If you could set up all 3 of them next to each other and run them through the same Cab .. and they were all set at the exact same Amp Dial settings .... all 3 are going to sound different ... its not just pot variances, its component variances, different components used, age, tubes used, transformers etc... etc... etc... its a myriad of things.

Which is the best-most accurate ? It is an un-answerable question. Why ?

All 3 companies have brilliant technicians and doubtlessly have channeled/modeled their Amps ultra accurately ...regardless of the techniques and processes and methodologies they have each used ....... but we the user can never know or tell which is the most accurate or better because they are 3 of the same, but different Amps.

The only answer we can legitimately come to ... is which one do our ears and fingers prefer ... that's it ... no more ... no less.

We may prefer maximum non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = get a Fractal

We may prefer reasonable non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = get a Helix

We may prefer minimal non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = [now] get a Kemper.

But each of the 3 different AC30's that each company used are all doubtlessly "channeled / modeled" to a stupidly high degree of core-amp accuracy for they Amp they used ... all 3 are doubtlessly ultra accurate to their Amp.

Just for a laugh ....... " there end'eth the lesson " <= I've always wanted to quote Sean Connery from "The Untouchables" ;):giggle:

Ben

Last edited:
I see it totally differently.

To me .... the point is that the Kemper Amp Channels .... as with the Fractal and Helix Amp blocks *are* accurate but *only* with respect to the Amp that was Kemper "channeled" or Fractal / Helix "modeled".

Take an AC30 as an example.

Kempers AC30 is "Amp Channeled" to their AC30
Fractals AC30 is "Modeled" to their AC30
L6's AC30 is "Modeled" to their AC30

These are 3 different AC30's.
You don't have to make up some convoluted new term "channeled" when we have "profiled" already :knit
We may prefer maximum non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = get a Fractal

We may prefer reasonable non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = get a Helix

We may prefer minimal non-core-amp-controls tweak-ability = [now] get a Kemper.
This is not true at all. The Kemper has way more amp tweakability than the Helix.

There are few good videos yet on liquid profiling which is surprising. Clearly Kemper doesn't have any kind of guerilla advertising budget...

I'm going to see if I can figure out how to record my screen to do a quick demo and recording.

Too funny; I’m reading through this thread and start looking up YouTube videos in my studio to hear it on decent speakers, see a video listed from JarickL and wonder if it’s you, read 2 more posts and land on this one.

Too funny; I’m reading through this thread and start looking up YouTube videos in my studio to hear it on decent speakers, see a video listed from JarickL and wonder if it’s you, read 2 more posts and land on this one.

That’s how few videos were out there, I made my first one in over a decade lol

Back