Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Go easy ... no digs :) ..... here's a new Video from J.Sad who has just released his first Kemper Pack which includes 2 x dedicated Liquid Profiles of a new Marshall Studio JTM 45.

He demonstrates the gain and eq changes after "liquifying" a Legacy Profile ... and then does the same with 2 x ground up Liquid Profiles of each Channel / Input Again, the Gain and EQ "reactions" in each case, i.m.h.o, speak for themselves. The Video starts at the L.P Section

Ben

Last edited:
icegif-382.gif

Sounds good. I like the guys work, his captures, profiles etc are always good quality and he didn’t talk too much or try to sell it too much in that one!

I'm gonna have to try this liquid stuff on my Lab Series L5. It's a tough amp to profile. I already made many prior examples, but I'm curious.

I’ve only had about an hour to play guitar this week with work so haven’t been able to dive in as hoped. Maybe this weekend…

Im not into Profiling but if i were it would def be a Kemper

It is still early days ... but the beauty of what C.K has seemingly achieved, is that we can now use Modeling and Profiling together and have a "ModProf" [ I'll Trademark that ;) ] of a single Amp and get all its sounds / tones authentically.

Its - so far - sounding very musical and natural and "real".

All the best,
Ben

Not sure that's fully right ..... as he has said in his descriptions, that's the whole point to the new L.P methodology ie: combining modeling and profiling.

And C.K has said consistently that the Gain and EQ Stacks of the newly added L.P Amp Channels .... are modeled.

True .... Kemper haven't modeled every single Amp component [ ala Fractal and Helix] they've stuck to the primary Gain and EQ Stacks ..... but they don't need to model every component as the new Gain and EQ stack is "burned" together with their already excellent Profiling methodology ... and I think that's why it seems to be sounding so darn natural and real across the full spectrum of controls.

Sure .... NAM and Tonex both "null test" better than just a pure [legacy] profile ... but if this keeps working and sounding the way it is seeming to be so far, it just jumps "ahead of the fixed capturing products" by no small margin.

The greatest attribute of both Tonex and NAM is also their Achilles heal .... and its the same Achilles heal Kemper had ..... stick with just the unchanged Tonex or NAM Capture and its ... basically as good as its gonna get ... start changing the Core Tonex and Core NAM controls and you start to lose Capture integrity ...... for the Kemper .... LP overcomes this issue ... its a masterstroke solution to a problem most of us thought was never going to be solvable ...... just my 2c of guesstimating of course :)

I see this similar to not that long ago when the idea of pitch correcting a single note within a polyphonic note cluster in an already recorded wave file was "never going to be doable" ... and then Melodyne did it.

Ben

Last edited:
" And the hits keep coming " .... this guy is demo'ing just the 3 x Official Kemper LP Packs and changing Gain and EQ settings in the LP's ... to my "old-bastard-ears" ... and putting personal tone preferecnes asaide ..... it sounds ridonkulously like he is changing Amp settings on a Real Amp.

Ben " no I don't own and haven't owned a Kemper for 4+ years" Ifin

As someone who enjoys high end modelers and Kemper I wouldn’t say Kemper has now made it a modeler and a profiler. It’s a profiler that uses some modeling to deal with the static (lifeless) nature of the profiled gain and the missing nature of real tone stack designs.
Definitely a big improvement, and free where most manufacturers would have released a new version with a new price tag. Thank you Kemper for that consideration. However, unless you model the whole amp you ain’t modeling amps. But maybe this hybrid path is better…

Latest "official" Kemper Liquid Profiling Video. Amazing ! It speaks for itself ... even though I just spoke ;) :)

Ben

Fun development: I tried swapping out the cab block (again) on the Kemper, this time for a York Audio 2x12 Mesa. Actually really enjoying it now. I've been running this IR on my Axe 3 and Friedman IR-X with cuts around 80 and 6k. Doing the same thing on the Kemper (actually up to around 100 on the low cut) and it's sounding way better.

Locked the cab block and flipping through profiles, it's still hit or miss but not nearly as much. Some amps are still too bright a lot are too dark but now I can hear when the amps are balanced, they kick a lot of ass.

Fun development: I tried swapping out the cab block (again) on the Kemper, this time for a York Audio 2x12 Mesa. Actually really enjoying it now. I've been running this IR on my Axe 3 and Friedman IR-X with cuts around 80 and 6k. Doing the same thing on the Kemper (actually up to around 100 on the low cut) and it's sounding way better.

Locked the cab block and flipping through profiles, it's still hit or miss but not nearly as much. Some amps are still too bright a lot are too dark but now I can hear when the amps are balanced, they kick a lot of ass.
I think the moral of the story is you shouldn't sell your kemper because you come back to liking it eventually 😀

I think the moral of the story is you shouldn't sell your kemper because you come back to liking it eventually 😀

But then on the flip side, every time I run Rig Manager it runs away with system memory until it hits like 40GB and then crashes my computer :/

Back