Helix Talk

thats the one I want, a knob to select the preset...nothing else...an LED or whatever to tell which program its on...MIDI in, spdif i/o done, fits on a pedalboard

If a company made a one knob modeler without any kind of display and menus or edit, I would be the first one to tweak the f**k out it for three months.

You can thank me in 3 months.

Aahh... The pre namm silence!
Let Me In Sigh GIF

Got a used PG delivered today, was working in the area so i obviously sneaked home for “lunch”.

Great condition it seems. Surprisingly small. I love this footprint, perfect… like a Metro 16. The wrap around metal and weight makes it feel solid, more so than i thought. Display glass seem much better than my Stomp (wich is a type that gets scratched easily). The molded plastic bottom is super cool actually… one wouldnt thought, but its solid and thick. Maybe it could have had the HX type knobs, but these plastic knobs feel alright and the Volume knobs has a very guitar’ish feeling about it.
High level for an entry level unit imo. Ive touched things that cost more but are made very flimsy and cheap.

I’ll have to give it a “go” later when I come home as the payment is locked for the seller (and from me) for 24 hours until I give the purchase an “ok”.
IMG_5579.jpeg

IMG_5580.jpeg

Great condition it seems. Surprisingly small.

Wow, that is small. I've never seen a Pod Go IRL, and i blindly assumed it was roughly the size of a Helix LT.

Even if you end up using it only for effects (which come from the HX line, and are superb), that's a really good form factor.

But, Helix also has plastic knobs.
Yeah, but they look more “premium”. But these are fine to, and the “Jazz” or “MXR” type of style is nice to grab.
Wow, that is small. I've never seen a Pod Go IRL, and i blindly assumed it was roughly the size of a Helix LT.
Surely you must have seen a video or something on the size :rofl I knew it wasn’t LT big, but this is a really neat size. I bet it’s exactly the depth as a metro, about as long as a Metro 16. It’s a great size.
Even if you end up using it only for effects (which come from the HX line, and are superb), that's a really good form factor.
Like a small effects board… imo I could’ve been that, but then it would have been to close to a HX FX. Now with the fixed type of signal chain design, there’s basically no point in not using the amp and cab. But it does probably do well against any 4 pedals one might choose… heck 4 pedals of good quality quite quickly gets pricier than a PG.

Got a used PG delivered today, was working in the area so i obviously sneaked home for “lunch”.

Great condition it seems. Surprisingly small. I love this footprint, perfect… like a Metro 16. The wrap around metal and weight makes it feel solid, more so than i thought. Display glass seem much better than my Stomp (wich is a type that gets scratched easily). The molded plastic bottom is super cool actually… one wouldnt thought, but its solid and thick. Maybe it could have had the HX type knobs, but these plastic knobs feel alright and the Volume knobs has a very guitar’ish feeling about it.
High level for an entry level unit imo. Ive touched things that cost more but are made very flimsy and cheap.

I’ll have to give it a “go” later when I come home as the payment is locked for the seller (and from me) for 24 hours until I give the purchase an “ok”.
View attachment 6386
View attachment 6387
PodGo is a very capable device.

I loved the form factor. Perfect size for me. I just kept wanting those extra capabilities of a Helix, so i moved it along. But if they had a Helix in this form factor - I’d sell my HX Stomp XL in a hurry for it.

Back