Helix Talk

agree that it may not pose any significant problems, but also, if we have a huge choice of plugins to use, I'll use the ones that are less destructive to audio when they're not supposed to be.

As said already, I think for any kind of "general purpose" processing, HXN would pretty much be overkill anyway (at least IMVHO). I mean, you really don't want to deal with all that kinda stuff when all you want is a single compressor, do you? Add to this that the generic UI elements, while certainly making sense in a multi FX unit, aren't exactly ideal for single purpose plugins.
Still, for a super flexible delay/reverb device, it's a pretty neat thing to have, especially given that parallel delay routings are a lot easier to deal with compared to firing up different delays on different busses in any typical DAW.

Last edited:
Full speculation mode;
In the last few days I've seen tiny hints that Line 6 are working on some new feature (hardware?) that will compete with capturing tech.
My guess is it may not be capturing but something that will deliver a lot more tones to Helix (or Other™) without waiting for years.

Last edited:
Full speculation mode;
In the last few days I've seen tiny hints that Line 6 are working on some new feature (hardware?) that will compete with capturing tech.
My guess is it may not be capturing but something that will deliver a lot more tones to Helix (or Other™) without waiting for years.
Give us the juices man give us the hints!!!!

I also have a problem with my Helix.
Every time I create a kick ass core tone I end up with 3 EQ blocks wasting routing space and barely using any DSP.

How about a more powerful 6 band parametric EQ block with freely assignable frequencies?
The current parametric block takes 3.5% DSP so a 7% block doubling the amount bands and a lot more free blocks in the routing chain, sounds like a good deal to me.
6 band would work, 10 band to allow adaptation of headphone frequency adjustments would be even better.

As part of the request I'd like frequency , Q and gain assignments adjustable to 2 decimal places, instead of tenths only.

Last edited:
Helix parametric EQ is anemic, there's plenty of DSP for a more powerful parametric EQ.
I totally agree about the need of 2nd decimal place precision particularly for frequency, I often compromise in either direction by one click which a lot (100Hz) when working in the kH region.

The EQ "model list" is almost empty, you can add 4 band, 5 band, 6 band..... 10 band parametric EQ models without annoying anyone.

PS.
The current Helix parametric Q-values don't work like any other parametric EQs in DAW, if Line 6 deems this request to be worthy, please make sure the new EQs work like all other 'normal' EQs.

the need of 2nd decimal place
Encerio GIF by Desiigner

I am so spoiled by eq’s and compressors in DAWs. For a while I even carried printouts of DAW screenshots so I could better adjust in my Stomp. Then I eventually gave up in frustration and now I just twist some knobs deal with things being “good enough.”

Up to 1kHz we have 1Hz resolution steps which is inaudible and more than enough, above 1kHz we have 100Hz resolution which is very perceptible and not accurate enough, I often compromise either way.

Helix parametric EQ is anemic, there's plenty of DSP for a more powerful parametric EQ.
I totally agree about the need of 2nd decimal place precision particularly for frequency, I often compromise in either direction by one click which a lot (100Hz) when working in the kH region.

The EQ "model list" is almost empty, you can add 4 band, 5 band, 6 band..... 10 band parametric EQ models without annoying anyone.

PS.
The current Helix parametric Q-values don't work like any other parametric EQs in DAW, if Line 6 deems this request to be worthy, please make sure the new EQs work like all other 'normal' EQs.
Exactly.

When I bought the Tonex pedal was the first time I really spent some time adapting for my headphones. To get even close to the 10 bands of frequencies I had to use 5-7 Para EQ blocks, with a delay and reverb at the end of the chain, there is not much room left for more than one or two blocks on that routing path.

Exactly.

When I bought the Tonex pedal was the first time I really spent some time adapting for my headphones. To get even close to the 10 bands of frequencies I had to use 5-7 Para EQ blocks, with a delay and reverb at the end of the chain, there is not much room left for more than one or two blocks on that routing path.
If you have to do  THIS much surgical tweaking to be happy; id probably be looking for new headphones :bag

Fwiw, personally, I have absolutely no need for any more EQs. Wouldn't even remotely know what to use them for (others than super accurate tone matching, which I'm personally not interested in).

Back