Helix Talk

The stomp should not limit the entire Helix ecosystem.
I use Helix Native the most, and a Floor.
It doesnt. The limit may be update release date if they want it to be available on all HX at the same time.
What happens is that the changes work best on Floor/Rack/LT, and those changes gets shoehorned into the stomp into whatever works… page->page->page->twist knob->save… what did I just do ->page->page->page yeah I did it… exit…. Forgot what I did.

Edit: and Eric will probably say I got it all backwards and wrong… which is probably true.

Last edited:
The G12-65 is the sound of 80s metal, Dio, Priest, Metallica.

This is a good reference of this cab:

I have found that our new 4x12 Uber T75 is closer to a G12-65 than a modern G12T-75 including the Marshall T75.
There are more than 40 variations of the G12-65 and some are closer to a T75 and vice versa, Line 6 lucked out on this cab, the Uber T75 is great.

Helix Uber T75 vs the Youtube clip above, arrows pointing the similarities in response where it matters the most, I used a single SM57 in Helix.

View attachment 6070

I'm all set regarding the cab sound, now where's that JCM800? :satan

That sounds fantastic.

In the end I realized that I’ve spent to much time tweaking and testing things rather than just enjoy playing. So I needed to pack things up and breathe. I haven’t touched the guitar since November and I don’t plan to pick it up anytime soon unless I change my viewpoint and behavior regarding guitar playing and my relationship with these crazy machines (modelers).
This was me, and around the same time (November). Had to take a break because I felt it was getting unhealthy and I never felt good at the end of these tweaking sessions. I enjoyed them, learnt a lot, but felt I was not moving forward in music and getting burnt out on the rut. Thankfully a couple of gigs showed up, met a few folks, formed a band, and that ripped me right out of the tweaking mindset. All the tweaking knowledge helped me dial tones for songs within minutes while the band was waiting for me to start playing though!

Oof

So now I've got two screwed up encoders on my Stomp: the main one toward the top I just found out "skips" over an indent and therefore a block so I can't navigate to that specific block unless I "Pac-Man" around and make it so a different block gets skipped over. Then there's the third one under the screen that goes the wrong direction when I try to make it go anywhere. I guess a soft pedal bag wasn't the best to transport this thing around after all of these years.

Def no more floor modelers for me. Ugh I need to offload this HX Floor after I fix the switches
Another YouTube guide for the masses I hope? My HX Stomp is doing the same thing.

¡Megadeth Megadeth Aguante Megadeth!

df6j3ag-7e0ac44c-5fdc-4436-9d75-19d7924b9b62.jpg

Feel you… my stomp from -18 is also acting up since two years with the encoders, skips over and such. The main knob is the wonkiest and one of the ones under the screen. Mostly used mine at home, tried to blow carefully with a camera lens blower… but I suspect pressure air is next step.

Actually fingered on a friends brand spanking new stomp a while back and I can say one thing… they’ve must have changed or updated the clicky stuff in the encoders somewhere along the line, because that stomp had some serious great and super tight clicks in the encoders… mine is all soft and un-clicky… more like mushy steps.
Suprisingly the footswitches on mine seem to be holding up fine.
Another YouTube guide for the masses I hope? My HX Stomp is doing the same thing.
Opening up my HX Floor was scary enough! The Stomp seems like it would be a nightmare to get into.

Suprisingly the footswitches on mine seem to be holding up fine.
Ahh good. The one Ive always had looper on is getting screechy… it’s a very metallic grinding sound. Sounds like the spring or whatever it is pushing the switch up is the noise maker.
Still works good though. It just has become and old fart… like me
Opening up my HX Floor was scary enough! The Stomp seems like it would be a nightmare to get into.
I wouldn’t… it’s stacked boards. The bottom circuit board is exactly the size of the stomp and it’s flush to the bottom, then it’s all stacked boards all the way up.

I couldnt keep myself from getting a PG. I’ve completely ignored it since release but now that I’ve had a breather since November, taking a break from music all together. Since a month the PG has kinda slipped into my daily pondering. So a used (bought new July -22) popped for 165 usd cheaper than new. I grabbed it and will get it next week…

This act should lead to new hardware being announced at NAMM.

Thank me then… if that happens.

Well. As two examples:
Not being able to completely de-activate the capacitive properties is massively getting in the way with a Stomp.
And the order of parameters is usually working fine on the larger units, whereas it's a complete mess on a Stomp (simply because many relevant parameters are on page two)
Regarding the latter, if the Stomp was the "role/base model" for the HX ecosystem, the parameter layout would possibly be as Zoom is doing it (all relevant parameters are always on page #1).

Back