Helix Talk

+1 to those gushing over the new 3.5 cabs (they really are that good), but, no love for Dynamic Ambience?

That new block is low key one of the best features on the last Helix release. It's great at adding a bit of recorded-in-the-room realism to DI tones, and does wonders for my HX Stomp as a headphone practice tool.

+1 to those gushing over the new 3.5 cabs (they really are that good), but, no love for Dynamic Ambience?

That new block is low key one of the best features on the last Helix release. It's great at adding a bit of recorded-in-the-room realism to DI tones, and does wonders for my HX Stomp as a headphone practice tool.
Yeah, Dynamic Ambience is almost an "always on" for me now. Paired with the new cabs it basically refreshed the whole Helix for me. Like James Freeman said above, all kinds of little corners of the overall Helix soundscape I tried and moved on from 5 years ago are now full of cool stuff. Can't wait to see what comes next. I haven't taken IRs out of the few pre-3.5 presets I used them in, but I no longer even bother to audition them for a new preset.

I tried it, but then went right back to Tile Reverb for Amp where I'm at/Headphone stuff.

Are Stomp lovers welcome here?
Robert Redford Nod GIF

Funny story...

Had a buddy over the other day for recording shenanigans...

We pulled up a mesa patch he made a couple years back and we immediately started flipping through the new cabs... because, better.

We ended up back with the legacy cab
Sometimes good is just good

Agreed. Predelay at 20 ms, it makes headphones practice “almost” enjoyable.

So.. does anyone here have a Pod Go?

Formerly, however I get to "train" someone this weekend who has basically been living in a cave musically the past 20 years, and has never tried amp modeling or digital anything as far as guitar gear goes. Going against my advice, he opted for a POD Go over a Stomp. Still I promised him I would sit down with him and go over best practices and such.

Formerly, however I get to "train" someone this weekend who has basically been living in a cave musically the past 20 years, and has never tried amp modeling or digital anything as far as guitar gear goes. Going against my advice, he opted for a POD Go over a Stomp. Still I promised him I would sit down with him and go over best practices and such.
I dont think thats a bad idea actually. Pod Go seems more intuitive, just the ui alone should be easier for a beginner than the stomp. I guess apples and oranges and all that.

And you and me have our minds set (and we are already ruined and damaged) while he (your friend) is coming in totally blank. Tread carefully :rofl and try to give him the best possible start to all this.

Back