Helix Talk

So, is there a way to sync HX Edit and Helix Native without manually exporting and importing presets and impulse responses?

I do bundles. But yeah. Helix impulse handling really sucks
It’s be cool if when your Helix unit is connected to HX Edit, there was an option to sync with the Native database or wherever presets and impulse responses are stored.

Maybe a simple script would do the job. I’m going to experiment and will report back.

Don't know if it was already posted, anyway, John Nathan Cordy's video is interesting :

"Why Modeling is Better than Profiling or Capturing [where Kemper, ToneX and Neural DSP fall behind]"

This is The Grumpy Fart forum… never post a YouTube link without summarizing the point with your own words.

Then we old farts can accept what you just summarized without being forced to get sticky and messy and feeling dirty inside from clicking a YouTube video that may make us fart uncontrollably while face color change to red because the YouTuber drives us nuts.

:sofa

Joking a little… I like Cordy.

Cordy for president!

The argument that a captures are better in any way than full component modeling is fundamentally silly.
I too was hyped for a few days, captured my amp, NAM this and that... yeah, it's not anywhere near replacing full component modeling where every knob and switch can turn the amp into a completely different animal.
The "better" debate... please stop.

Regarding capture vendors, they want Line 6 to enter the capturing game to make money because half the world owns a Helix/HX device, that's obvious.
But capturing is indeed just a hype, people will always choose the full component model over a capture if both exist in the same device.

EDIT:
In favor of captures;
It's a nice and quick way to demo an amp at one setting without leaving home, granted that the capture was done properly and calibrated to your specific audio interface or the input level of the audio device you plug your guitar into at home.

Last edited:
Am I the only one tripping out that his name is John Nathan Cordy. Like does that mean his actual name is Johnathan Nathan Cordy? :bag
It is certainly possible that this is the case, but I'd suggest that it is more likely that his given name is simply John, not Jo(h)nathan.

Biblically speaking, John and Jonathan are different names - after all, it's John the Baptist, not Jonathan the Baptist!

However, the practice of shortening Jonathan to Jon or John is quite widespread.

get-me-coat.gif

Quick question: is there any way to create a "favorite" on the HX FX, without connecting to HX Edit?

I can be a lazy bugger (I unjustifiably blame ADD), and connecting it to a computer seems like a chore.

Man, the more I play with the cabs the more I find new tones that I previously did not like but now they sound better to me than some IRs I use all the time.
I think my ears need to readjust to a less processed sound compared to my go-to IRs of choice.
When I mic my own cab it never sounds as processed as one particular IR vendor I use all the time and more in line with how the Helix cabs sound.

What I'm saying is the new cabs are growing on me, I use them more and more and every time I do I find new sounds.
This is definitely a "here to stay" feature in future modelers and not only by Line 6.

Are Stomp lovers welcome here?

Just got my second Stomp, moving back to it from a FM9/4cm setup, for a smaller, pedals + Stomp board. (Sold the first one to fund the FM9.)

One of the biggest things I’m happy about is getting back the Transistor Tape delay… it’s probably my favourite delay ever; it’s so good to have it back.

Also love the Stomp form factor, as well as its ease of use. It’s my favourite HX product, for sure (have also owned the Floor and a couple of HXFXs).

Are Stomp lovers welcome here?

Just got my second Stomp, moving back to it from a FM9/4cm setup, for a smaller, pedals + Stomp board. (Sold the first one to fund the FM9.)

One of the biggest things I’m happy about is getting back the Transistor Tape delay… it’s probably my favourite delay ever; it’s so good to have it back.

Also love the Stomp form factor, as well as its ease of use. It’s my favourite HX product, for sure (have also owned the Floor and a couple of HXFXs).
Of course stomp users are welcome. Everyone is welcome here!!!

I’ve used the stomp since 18. Kinda have a hate love relationship with it :rofl It’s not because of the stomp though, it’s because of me. I’ve used it on a pedalboard and on its own, all alone and alone with expansion gear (midi switches and expression. I think my favorite setup was Stomp - Jet Micro HX - Dvp mini. Basically all I need.

I am currently thinking about trying a Pod Go and see if I feel comfortable with that.

Anyways… yeah I agree. Transistor tape alone makes it worth it.
I do have some more that i consider is worth getting the stomp for alone.
Adriatic delay
Bubble echo
heliosphere (delay and reverb)
Simple delay (because it can be setup to do faux Freeze)
Reverse

Ganymede… the greatest underdog of reverbs (can be used as faux freeze/hold)

Particle…. Creates a mess. A good mess.

Yeah, the new poly stuff and the new Dynamic reverbs are stellar. But some of the ol stuff is great stuff.

Of course stomp users are welcome. Everyone is welcome here!!!

I’ve used the stomp since 18. Kinda have a hate love relationship with it :rofl It’s not because of the stomp though, it’s because of me. I’ve used it on a pedalboard and on its own, all alone and alone with expansion gear (midi switches and expression. I think my favorite setup was Stomp - Jet Micro HX - Dvp mini. Basically all I need.

I am currently thinking about trying a Pod Go and see if I feel comfortable with that.

Anyways… yeah I agree. Transistor tape alone makes it worth it.
I do have some more that i consider is worth getting the stomp for alone.
Adriatic delay
Bubble echo
heliosphere (delay and reverb)
Simple delay (because it can be setup to do faux Freeze)
Reverse

Ganymede… the greatest underdog of reverbs (can be used as faux freeze/hold)

Particle…. Creates a mess. A good mess.

Yes, was also super happy to get back Reverse Delay, such a cool and useable effect.

Back