Helix Talk

To be fair (to be fair! TO BE FAAAAAIIIRR... To be fair), we don't like Stomp's power supply either. It's the only one we've been able to find that results in the same low noise specs as Helix/Rack/LT. Or rather, the only one that isn't super expensive.

Hm, I'm powering my Stomp with either a Harley Benton multi PSU (ISO Pro 12) or a cheap one for around 10 bucks. Both causing zero noise issues. And yes, at one time I compared them with the original PSU.

But it's an absolute slog of connectors from the supply to the pedal.
I just purchased a current doubler with a proper 2.5mm plug and soldered a 2.5mm plug to the cheap PSU. No cable hassle (others than still wondering why Line 6 tried to reinvent the wheel and came up with a triangle instead).

Boxking BK06 battery (the blue lights near the I/O telling me ho much battery power is left) powering mine for up to about 4 hours. I usually leave the wall adapter plugged into it.
20230217_112229.jpg

Last edited:
Search for B07D6C79G2 in Amazon for a cheap, HX-compatible power supply in brick format. Never had any issues with these.

71ELWwcpGQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The DC-x stock PSUs are not bad, but what makes them unusable for me is the form factor and the short cable. Those things are basically impossible to fit correctly on a power strip.

TIL: You can bypass the Global EQ on the HX Stomp. It wasn't very obvious to me, but when you're on the Global EQ menu and click the top encoder knob (the one that navigates) you can toggle it off/on.

and all this time I've been zeroing the gains to bypass!

TIL: You can bypass the Global EQ on the HX Stomp. It wasn't very obvious to me, but when you're on the Global EQ menu and click the top encoder knob (the one that navigates) you can toggle it off/on.

Quite the normal procedure to bypass things on the Stomp...
But then, admittedly, the Global EQ doesn't act as any other block, either, so it's possibly easy to overlook something.

Search for B07D6C79G2 in Amazon for a cheap, HX-compatible power supply in brick format. Never had any issues with these.

71ELWwcpGQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The DC-x stock PSUs are not bad, but what makes them unusable for me is the form factor and the short cable. Those things are basically impossible to fit correctly on a power strip.
My stock PS is already showing bare wire, and I haven’t gigged it THAT much :cry:

RIL (recently I learned), and I first learned this on the Stomp XL, and then like, months later on my Helix, when naming a preset, you can click through capital and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols, (with the middle knob encoder on the stomp/the main encoder on Helix), by pressing them, instead of just scrolling until you get to what you want :LOL:

Quite the normal procedure to bypass things on the Stomp...
But then, admittedly, the Global EQ doesn't act as any other block, either, so it's possibly easy to overlook something.
I was very much used to my Helix Floor and it's shortcuts. Now it just needs a level parameter like the big boys

Or from the Home Screen, press and hold BYPASS.

So I bypassed the internal modeling in the HX Stomp to use as an interface by creating a blank preset and dropping the output block level to zero. Is this best practice?

P.S. Where are those awesome REV presets that the full Helix got with 3.5?

Last edited:
So I bypassed the internal modeling in the HX Stomp to use as an interface by creating a blank preset and dropping the output block level to zero. Is this best practice?

P.S. Where are those awesome REV presets that the full Helix got with 3.5?
You probably need to reset/restore the factory presets. I've also attached them here if you want to be more selective about that process.

Back