Helix Talk

Those who sell their Stomps are but doomed to buy a new one down the line. It's written.

I have had LT 3 times, Floor twice, HXFX twice and a POD GO once and I have almost bought a Stomp about 17 times. I just don't see the value in it. Paying double for an LT gets you more than double of what a Stomp gives you IMO. That's my reasoning.

I just don't see the value in it. Paying double for an LT gets you more than double of what a Stomp gives you IMO. That's my reasoning.

Beats me.

Screenshot from 2023-02-17 17-08-17.png

Im sure stomp is great and can appeal to a certain crowd, but having a Helix Floor the only other Modeller that would interest me would be a FM3

The FM3 is pretty great, but it is not in the same category of the Stomp. For example, the second you pick one up you'll realize it's pretty much impossible to fit a FM3 a board. It's a chunky boy.

I lean towards FAS amp and effects across the board. But it's not a 1:1 equivalent. At all.

For what I do, I found the MX5 to be a fantastic small system. I'd buy another one of those before a Stomp BUT I don't use it the same way a lot of folks use a Stomp.

For what I do, I found the MX5 to be a fantastic small system. I'd buy another one of those before a Stomp BUT I don't use it the same way a lot of folks use a Stomp.
Aren't you a big proponent of a built-in expression pedal?

The FM3 is pretty great, but it is not in the same category of the Stomp. For example, the second you pick one up you'll realize it's pretty much impossible to fit a FM3 a board. It's a chunky boy.
True but i dont gig so it stays on the floor :)

I can see that. Awesome "part" of a rig for sure.
Has been my whole rig since it came out. Sure some add on doodads help. I have a small midi pedal for tap/tuner and snap/Stomp modes, an external FS for FS4/5 and an expression pedal, but it's all centered around the Stomp as being the "tone generator".

When I eventually get an amp head with midi input, it'll be extra useful. I have a Midi Commander, I'm toying with the idea of leaving my Stomp/G10 up on the cab with the amp and using the MC for all of the effect switching
20230207_190851.jpg

Only thing I can say I don't like on the Stomp is the power cord. It's beyond reproach other than that.
To be fair (to be fair! TO BE FAAAAAIIIRR... To be fair), we don't like Stomp's power supply either. It's the only one we've been able to find that results in the same low noise specs as Helix/Rack/LT. Or rather, the only one that isn't super expensive.

To be fair (to be fair! TO BE FAAAAAIIIRR... To be fair), we don't like Stomp's power supply either. It's the only one we've been able to find that results in the same low noise specs as Helix/Rack/LT. Or rather, the only one that isn't super expensive.
And I totally get it with the task of fitting everything into that small form factor!

To be fair (to be fair! TO BE FAAAAAIIIRR... To be fair), we don't like Stomp's power supply either.
You've made my DC-3G and DC-3H very sad!

Or at least they are probably very sad - I wouldn't know because they disappeared straight into the box-of-spare-sh!te that is reserved for such things!

Back