Helix Talk

There's no digital tech in the FR12, so I don't think this sort of product really sits within Line 6's wheelhouse.
Well, you know, it's a product people using modelers is buying from other brands. They could get part of that market.

Digital igloo recently said they were working on many things, some of them "tangentially related" to Helix family. An FR cab would fit that description.

I had a PC 112 for some time, and it sounded great. But yeah, it's simply too expensive to buy new IMHO.
Quite expensive when compared to “decent” powered wedges from EV or Yamaha.
There's no digital tech in the FR12, so I don't think this sort of product really sits within Line 6's wheelhouse.
They were so close with the FR Spider amps, but they somehow managed to avoid allowing any real stereo input connection on the combos (no, a mini headphone jack doesn’t count) to allow them to work that way. Seemed pretty intentional to build them that way.

Flux for Helix or GTFO.
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Settings for Deluxe Phase to sound like a real MXR Phase 90 Script Logo;
The 'Script Mod Phase' model is so off it makes me sad.

View attachment 25751

View attachment 25690

View attachment 25692

There is a high pass filter at around 100Hz in the Deluxe Phaser model, so it doesn't throb as hard as the real Phase 90 but it's the closest I got with the Helix with the available options. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 25696

Just got back from holiday today and had a go with this tonight. It sounds great in front of my jvm. Easily the best phaser sounds I've have from the hx stomp. Thanks man.

I don't have this pedal so I can't compare, but if it works for you that's all that matters.
I've found both the Script and the Pebble to be usable but ho-hum. Gigging with Floyd and Radiohead tribute bands, I make heavy use of both models and have long suspected they don't quite live up to the originals. Your Script analysis makes me think I'm not crazy, so for that I'm grateful!

Ok, my bad - but isn't it DSP controlled as most ""FRFR"" cabs?

Nop. Class D means the output is a (very fast) on/off switch instead of a linear gain stage. There's no DSP involved; switching is just modulated based an analog input. This also happens to be very very efficient, and well suited for power amps.

There are a few amp topologies which take a digital input directly, but I don't think I've ever seen these used in guitar gear.

Back