Helix Talk

Dear Line 6,

Why is there a high-pass filter on the DRY signal of the Deluxe Phaser?
Not only does it make the Deluxe Phaser not suitable for bass and low register instruments but also makes it impossible to accurately replicate the industry standard Phase 90.
As an example, Strymon has analog dry-through so the dry signal is unaffected in their effects with a Mix control (modulation, delay, reverb etc.).

For all us Gilmour and Van Halen fans, please fix the Deluxe Phaser.

👆🏻

Bypass vs Deluxe Phaser - Mix 0%

View attachment 25756
Blending wet and dry signals when one is filtered could do some additional phase weirdness that isn’t part of the effect. Guessing it’s so you can adjust the mix without introducing other (unintended) phase artifacts?

Last edited:
And so life at Line 6 goes on, very much as it has this past age. Full of its own comings and goings with change coming slowly, if it comes at all. For things are made to endure at Line 6, passing from one generation to the next. There's always been a Helix (edit: POD) living here under the wedge monitor, in the Church. And there always will be.
- Bilbo Baggins

Did you take the back off or just apply from the top?
From the top👌 I took the back off once (actually twice, the same evening), but after removing and screwing 20-something times, I tried so hard to find another way, and applying contact cleaner from the top, and then pressing and rotating the footswitch, has worked like a charm.

Screenshot_2024-07-10-17-53-17-489-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Helix talk has been awfully quiet lately and not only here.
agreed it quiet right now but there is not really much to say until the update which I think they said is fall so it could be October/ Nov
Line6 is obviously hard at work on something else . that we likely won't hear about until NAMM in January

Well my Helix's footswitches are finally getting troublesome, their detection has gotten a bit weak and sometimes act as if they're in momentary mode; on when depressed, off again when released.

I checked my Thomann order history, and it was bought on July 27th 2017 for €1,177! So after near daily use for 7 years it's not too surprising. Has anyone had any luck fixing this? I've heard depressing and rotating the switches can help, but it' hasn't worked for me so far.
I've had success opening mine up and applying contact cleaner to the mini switches that are soldered directly to their PCB. Mine is about as old as yours, good luck!

Videos of my repairs:

If it doesn't exceed 500€, and the device has no issue like Fender FR12's "hissgate", they'll sell a lot.

Nowadays, this product makes more sense than ever.

agreed it quiet right now but there is not really much to say until the update which I think they said is fall so it could be October/ Nov
Line6 is obviously hard at work on something else . that we likely won't hear about until NAMM in January
things as they are... sometimes "everything is quiet" is a euphemism for "lack of enthusiasm"... the forum user is no longer excited about the next fw... the 3.8 thread has been revived 3 times in the past last 3 months... the patient is dying!

Try being a Headrush user, they haven't updated their firmware in over 16 months ....and if you say anything negative, or talk about other brands on their forum, you get your account deleted.....so i suppose it could be worse?

Wow, deleting a customer's account is quite heavy. Not cool, Headrush. You're not hot enough to be that selective.
Dude, it is so bad. Any conversation that is critical.... especially of the Prime or Core.....even if it doesn't violate TOS..... gone...... comments deleted.

The only company presence is one guy ...named Rob Gaudet....and all he does is refer people to support ...no help ...no guidance....no news..... nothing.

There have been so many deletions, most of the conversations aren't even relevant or they don't make sense ...so strange. Like the whole forum is truncated. I mean ..what's the point of having a forum then?

Dude, it is so bad. Any conversation that is critical.... especially of the Prime or Core.....even if it doesn't violate TOS..... gone...... comments deleted.

The only company presence is one guy ...named Rob Gaudet....and all he does is refer people to support ...no help ...no guidance....no news..... nothing.

There have been so many deletions, most of the conversations aren't even relevant or they don't make sense ...so strange. Like the whole forum is truncated. I mean ..what's the point of having a forum then?
Well, it depends on the conversation tone, but if people is talking normally...

Well, up to them. I would stop buying stuff from them if I was treated like that.

Settings for Deluxe Phase to sound like a real MXR Phase 90 Script Logo;
The 'Script Mod Phase' model is so off it makes me sad.

View attachment 25751

View attachment 25690

View attachment 25692

There is a high pass filter at around 100Hz in the Deluxe Phaser model, so it doesn't throb as hard as the real Phase 90 but it's the closest I got with the Helix with the available options. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 25696
Thank you. Please take a look at the Pebble Phaser too!

Back