Helix 3.8 when?

Yes. Anything could happen but I'd be very surprised if 3.80 doesn't drop in November.
Can you give away anything ? I know you used to be able to say there is 6 amp channels .
So far we know there is likely more than 2 since you mentioned at least 2 of the models have been asked for for a very long time

can you say the intended amount of amp channels in 3.80 , we won't hold you to it ,

PS Tim still probably won't buy one anyway

You know - I'm quite satisfied with where the Helix is at - there are no glaring gaps in the 'portfolio' of amps and FX so to speak.

But I'd love to have the Bogner 3534 in there...and maybe a Fender Super Reverb. I think the 3534 is just a great sounding amp and the SR is legendary!

Last edited:
Can you give away anything ? I know you used to be able to say there is 6 amp channels .
So far we know there is likely more than 2 since you mentioned at least 2 of the models have been asked for for a very long time

can you say the intended amount of amp channels in 3.80 , we won't hold you to it ,

PS Tim still probably won't buy one anyway

I may have missed it - what're the 2 amp models that DI has mentioned? Would love to know!!

Sidechainable gate, Amp captures, Poly Synth, less DSP munch on the Poly Capo...

(All stuff to get rid of the extra stuff on my pedalboard...I'd love to use just the Helix.

Actually with less dsp on the Poly Capo, I could get rid of the Tonex and then I wouldn't need the sidechainable gate)

I know people get upset in the past when anyone suggests Helix is getting long in the tooth , and I don't feel that way at all 10 years is an insane run going into the 11th this January
but the signs to me are starting to look like Helix is winding down

- the updates is smaller
- the time between is getting longer
- DI says the Line 6 team has never been busier , so obviously a large part of their time is spent working on new products and likely next gen stuff

Yesterday I noticed the Helix doesn't have a delay with a low/high cut for the repetitions. That wouldn't be difficult to do and would save one block, like the Heliosphere.

Yesterday I noticed the Helix doesn't have a delay with a low/high cut for the repetitions. That wouldn't be difficult to do and would save one block, like the Heliosphere.
I don’t have my stomp near me at the moment but I’m almost sure the mod chorus echo does. I think others as well.

I don’t have my stomp near me at the moment but I’m almost sure the mod chorus echo does. I think others as well.
Oh, I skipped that one because I didn't want a chorus, but it might have a way to disable modulation and just apply the EQ. I'll try later.

Oh, I skipped that one because I didn't want a chorus, but it might have a way to disable modulation and just apply the EQ. I'll try later.
Yep there's a switch to turn off modulation. I use it as a simple low dsp delay. Or sometimes use low vibrato on it.

Some of the legacy delays like Digital, Analog Echo, Tape Echo have bass, treble controls as well. I think Tape Echo also has a dry through.

IMG_3091.jpeg

IMG_3089.jpeg

Back