Helix 3.8 when?

Fwiw, the real question would be: Is there enough juice left in HX land so we will see something 4.x-worthy?
I guess we will find out ,

the poly fx and Feedback plus some of the new models like the Vitriol use a lot more CPU than the earlier models
DI also said the 3.8 with feature an engine update , so maybe they are working at further optimizations to cut CPU on the hungry models who knows see in November

I’m not expecting it in 3.8 or even at all but I’d just really like to see a solid representation of the Mesa Mark lead channel. It’s such a unique, iconic tone that is so poorly represented in the Helix in kind of an unforgivable way.

If I had the magic monkeys paw I’d get that situated before adding yet another bf/sf Fender circuit. Or how about 6G2 and 6G3 - Brown Fenders are totally unrepresented in Helix.

Maybe we could add 15 more 515x variants.
My Guess they finally fixed the Electric Mistress Flanger or Add BF2
A BF-2 would be such a killer addition to Helix. Those of us who play a little Tool from time to time would get real mileage out of it. It’s also on probably a billion albums.

DI also said the 3.8 with feature an engine update

^^ re:- This.

Was this comment directly from him (?) -or- was it forum speculation (?)

Not at all discounting what you are saying ..... but I cant seem to find him saying this anywhere (?)

If he did, did it seem like he was referring to overall CPU and system efficiency -or- algorithm updates (?)

^^ re:- This.

Was this comment directly from him (?) -or- was it forum speculation (?)

Not at all discounting what you are saying ..... but I cant seem to find him saying this anywhere (?)

If he did, did it seem like he was referring to overall CPU and system efficiency -or- algorithm updates (?)
DI said it himself

There have been numerous updates to the amp engine over the years—some significant, others less so. We run some clever scripting in the background so the sound and feel of existing presets aren't affected. 2.80 was a big one. 3.10 and 3.50 were two more. Most other updates (including 3.70 and the upcoming 3.80) include additional tweaks and changes we don't necessarily call out.

The takeaway is that Helix is absolutely, positively not running on a 9-year-old engine.

DI said it himself

There have been numerous updates to the amp engine over the years—some significant, others less so. We run some clever scripting in the background so the sound and feel of existing presets aren't affected. 2.80 was a big one. 3.10 and 3.50 were two more. Most other updates (including 3.70 and the upcoming 3.80) include additional tweaks and changes we don't necessarily call out.

Thanks ! I missed ^this^.

Would be good to know if he is referring to (a) making the whole hardware system run more efficiently (?) (b) continually improving Amp / EFX Algorithms (?) or (c) both (?)

I'm by far no Fender expert, but doesn't the main sonic difference in the Super Reverb come from the 4x10", since they provide more speaker surface?

In my brain drawers, the Super Reverb is filed under "like a Twin, but fatter/warmer".

I'm by far no Fender expert, but doesn't the main sonic difference in the Super Reverb come from the 4x10", since they provide more speaker surface?

In my brain drawers, the Super Reverb is filed under "like a Twin, but fatter/warmer".
The speakers are a biggest part, but it also sits between the Deluxe and Twin in terms of power, so it will break up earlier than a Twin but still stay cleaner longer than a Deluxe.

Super Reverb might actually be my favorite Fender tonally. The bigger power section and more speakers add something. It is a cool add if it happens.

Almost perfect only to much ODD harmonics. A bit hollow compared to deluxe mistress. Anyway nevermind since Grey flanger super spot on
Hmm, is that based on what you hear, or do you have measurements? I bet L6 would be interested if you have measurements. But worth keeping in mind that they modeled an original Mistress, not a Deluxe.

Unless you need GATE/PAN mode. Grey Flanger with square wave tremolo can do that Thing. IDK why it rated #1 flanger in equipboard. 😎
Not really. I just have never been able to replicate the sound of the BF I had decades ago, with the flangers available in the Helix.

Example:

The speakers are a biggest part, but it also sits between the Deluxe and Twin in terms of power, so it will break up earlier than a Twin but still stay cleaner longer than a Deluxe.

You know you're right. I think the 4x10 config may be responsible for 'that' sound. This gorgeous sound is what I'm talking about -

Maybe between the DR and the Twin we're covered and don't need the SR as well.

Digital Igloo - if you're listening, scratch my request for the SR! I'd rather get the Bogner 3534 instead.

Also the Fryette Aether - another modern day classic! Super touch sensitive amp.

Understandable if you haven't heard of either of these amps - but I assure you, they're both modern day classics well worth the effort to model.

BF-2 & PH-2 are such evergreen pedals. Completely on board for that.
I also hope that in time the "legacy" Fender amps will be replaced with iterations utilizing the newer modelling approach (i.e. the Dripman, which has a bright switch).

Back