Helix 3.8 when?

I copy presets all the time, loads of snapshots and footswitching, effects loops, sends…never had an issue with anything changing unexpectedly. Ever.

I have just been reminded of the potential new Helix feature I could use now: Guitar to MIDI conversion.

I am certain that this is possible using the poly-pitch algorithms, and I would use it for a few songs where I need a nice-sounding Hammond B3. I currently have a patch with a pair of poly capo and a rotary vibe which is not that bad but sounds more church organ due to the extra harmonics the guitar string generates. I am working something out using Midi Guitar 2 and VB3m on an iPad, but balancing levels and sorting out controls is a pain.

The latest thing to catch me out with the setup is that MIDI needs to be enabled to control rotary on/off and drive levels, but the omni receive in MG2 is listening to everything. It turns out that the model selector on the JTV sends out MIDI Patch Changes that MG2 follows... which might be a disaster mid-performance.

I know I could use a keyboard, but I already play the guitar and a pair of iPads live and don't want to clutter the stage or lug any more gear around.

Some sort of channel or a simple A/B blocks would be cool so you could use something like a poly pitch block in the same preset
But with 2 settings
A: poly Capo , B poly sustain
That way you could use to 2 poly fx on a path and save some CPU

Some sort of channel or a simple A/B blocks would be cool so you could use something like a poly pitch block in the same preset
But with 2 settings
A: poly Capo , B poly sustain
That way you could use to 2 poly fx on a path and save some CPU
Probably really hard to do without any sort of genius-level workaround considering DSP and architecture. Would be awesome tho.

That said, I'd enjoy a "Poly Dual Pitch" a la Micro POG. Seems the above-mentioned obstacles could null this dream. 😢

What about a Helix Floor Controller II? An updated version of the Floor Controller that works with other gear.

-Give it it's own processor - No amps or effects, but can setup/edit Command Center stuff right on the unit
-Add multifunction footswitch options
-Add MIDI I/O
-Add relay amp switching jack
-Add ability to link/chain together multiple units

What about a Helix Floor Controller II? An updated version of the Floor Controller that works with other gear.

-Give it it's own processor - No amps or effects, but can setup/edit Command Center stuff right on the unit
-Add multifunction footswitch options
-Add MIDI I/O
-Add relay amp switching jack
-Add ability to link/chain together multiple units
@Digital Igloo
:sofa:love

Probably really hard to do without any sort of genius-level workaround considering DSP and architecture. Would be awesome tho.

That said, I'd enjoy a "Poly Dual Pitch" a la Micro POG. Seems the above-mentioned obstacles could null this dream. 😢
Yes not sure how Fractal is doing it but basically every block has 4 channels , so that opens up a lot

Even if line6 could do A/B on certain blocks like Drive Amp
Delay , Rev
That would give you 2 instances

I don't think it would require much in the way of a workaround - currently, if you have enough DSP for an instance of poly sustain, you could play guitar (or a loop) and change the block from poly sustain to, say, poly capo and back again almost instantly via HX Edit (if you select from favourites), so an A/B block would simply need to be able to allocate DSP according to the maximum amount reserved between the two selected models.

I'd imagine a scenario whereby you could only have a maximum number of A/B blocks per preset, and it probably wouldn't apply to anything that needs trails.

I don't think it would require much in the way of a workaround - currently, if you have enough DSP for an instance of poly sustain, you could play guitar (or a loop) and change the block from poly sustain to, say, poly capo and back again almost instantly via HX Edit (if you select from favourites), so an A/B block would simply need to be able to allocate DSP according to the maximum amount reserved between the two selected models.

I'd imagine a scenario whereby you could only have a maximum number of A/B blocks per preset, and it probably wouldn't apply to anything that needs trails.
A/B would open up at lot of options even in a new HX product it more compact
One path like stomp but uses one of the newer SHARC chips that 1 chip basically has close to the full floor
It a bit bigger than the stomp
But way more powerful and has A/B mode on all blocks
Probably a million reasons why that won’t work but it is an intresting thought anyway

Does this actually happen? I've never experienced it.
Constantly, but to be fair to Line 6 they have tried to narrow it down and offered lots of help. I'm pretty much convinced it only happens if its plugged into a computer, though for sure I can make it happen on different computers and both mac and PC.

I'd like the Output block level indicator (black, green, red) to be [more] useful.

Either a Global Settings parameter to set it's green-red threshold from it's current +12dBFS to lower values (-12dBFS would be what I need).
Or more colors black, green, yellow, orange and red: green > -60, yellow > -12, orange > 0, red > 12dBFS.

Someone posted this in an FB group... From the trend of the last few years, you'd think it would have dropped by now... tick tock Line 6... tick tock...

3.70 - Released 11/16/2023
3.60 - Released 04/25/2023
3.50 - Released 11/03/2022
3.15 - Released 02/08/2022
3.11 - Released 04/28/2021
3.10 - Released 04/15/2021
3.01 - Released 12/04/2020
3.00 - Released 11/22/2020
2.92 - Released 5/12/2020
2.91 - Released 4/24/2020
2.90 - Released 4/21/2020
2.81 - Released 8/6/2019