Helix 3.6 bugs still in 3.61

Looks like this preset has been back an forth between multiple versions of HX Edit and Native, and was tampered with while we're testing it.

What exactly are we supposed to look for?
Right? He's swapped the shared docs in Google Drive under the same links, so we don't even know which one's we're supposed to be comparing now. The single exported preset doesn't match what's in the bundle.

Troubleshooting with this dude is like a game of whack-a-mole where you're never sure how much is real and how much is weird stuff he's doing. For all we know, he might've manually text-edited one of these presets (since that used to be his thing) and has a latent corruption that keeps carrying over.

But it should still show up on Native right?

sends.png

TL;DR: I'm unable to reproduce any of his issues on both my Helix Floor and Helix Native. Somebody else will have to tell him since he's blocked me as punishment for his own behavior. :wat

On my Helix Floor, I:
  1. Downloaded the single-preset version of his file
  2. Imported it into my Helix Floor via HX Edit
  3. Immediately re-exported the preset without actually loading it
  4. Loaded the preset on my Floor, and exported it again
  5. Switched to snapshot 4 in the preset, and exported it one more time
The only difference between all of these vs. the original file was just the modified date timestamp in the .json file:
after import-export, before loading.png

after import-export, after loading.png

after import-export, after loading and switching to snapshot 4.png

And when I load snapshot 4, level is +15.0 dB:
snap 4.png

So far I'm not able to see anything weird happening here. Not that it matters, because Loopback uhhh I mean Pipeline blocked me :knit

EDIT
I also imported his original preset into Native, as well as the three others that I exported from my own Helix Floor, mentioned above. All of them load with identical parameters.

His original preset file imported into Native:
import original into native.png

The file I exported from my Helix Floor imported into Native (I checked all 3 that I exported, they're all the same):
import re-exported file into native.png

And as a final check, I exported the presets back out of Native and re-imported them to my Helix Floor again. Still looks the same, after going from Floor to Native to Floor:

exported from native imported to floor.png

I feel like I'm starting to have MIDI Loopback flashbacks. Somebody hold me, it's too much. :hugitout

Last edited:
Do you think the other sends are what made it say there wasn;t enough DSP when you tried to load it?
That was a red herring - I misread the JSON and thought that the Deez One was missing from path 2 as a block 10- in fact it sits in path 1, and what was missing was the FX loop block.

Possibly narrowed it down a little bit. Copying one preset to another seems ok-ish now, but copying that preset to another messes up the values.

Copying the compressor out of preset A to preset B works ok, copying that same compressor from A that is now in B to preset C results in the wrong values in preset C, but copying the compressor from preset A to preset C results in the correct values

Here is the video journey showing it

Going back to 3.5 and crossing fingers

I havent read through everything but let me ask you. How did you do the firmware update to 3.6? I was having these issues and others like total audio loss and freezing until I updated via HX Edit 3.6 then did a factory reset. My LT seems good now for about a week. I originally did the FW update via Line 6 updater. Obviously had to go back to 3.51 via updater first, to get HX Edit to prompt for 3.6. I dont think there is a 3.61 FW it's just HX Edit.

Copying the compressor out of preset A to preset B works ok, copying that same compressor from A that is now in B to preset C results in the wrong values in preset C, but copying the compressor from preset A to preset C results in the correct values
I did briefly try this out this morning for 5 minutes, but was unable to make it go wrong.

Do you know of anyone else who has a Helix Floor? Whilst your issues certainly don't sound like the sort of issues that you might get from a hardware problem, I do think it is probably worthwhile giving another unit a try to rule out the possibility.

Back