Helix 3.6 bugs still in 3.61

Sure! Here is the bundle from the video. In the setlist "By Key Single path" you could use any of the first 12 presets, such as 01a. On the Parametric EQ on path 2 on the 12 string snapshot, in Helix 3.5 High frequency will be 5,5khz, but in 3.6 if will likely go down to 500hz.
I tried to replicate your issue, but was unsuccessful.
This was my methodology.

1. I rolled my Helix LT back to 3.50, factory reset, and loaded your bundle.
2. I looked at the high frequency for the parametric EQ on path 2 - for snapshot 1 (12-String), it read 500hz, but for snapshot 3 (Keyboard) is was 5.5khz.
3. I looked at the deluxe compressor block on path 2, and it showed 15db of gain on snapshot 4.
4. I exported the preset to a file for later reference.
5. I updated back to Helix 3.60, factory reset, and re-loaded your bundle.
6. Repeated 2 and 3 - there was no change.
7. I cut and pasted the preset to another blank preset, and checked 2 and 3 again - there was no change.
8. I exported the cut and pasted preset to a file, and "diff" checked it against the one generated in step 4. Results are linked here, but the only "oddity" is a change to the "behaviour" type as shown below, where the 3.50 preset is on the left, and the 3.60 preset is on the right.

1685984995624.png

https://www.diffchecker.com/iSGQSRer/

9. I did try copying and pasting a few more times, but did not see any differences.

I'm absolutely not doubting your experience, but I've not been able to replicate it I'm afraid.

I am on an LT, so there is a difference straight off the bat.

Whoa! Interesting there was 5.5khz on the keyboard snapshot! That's supposed to be 2.1khz. Sorry for you going thru the trouble of switching your LT hardware! I figured you'd just try it on Native where it is a lot less painful.

Isn't that Behavior false thing being replaced with a numerical value similar to what was happening in 3.2 with the auto engage thing? That's interesting, I wonder if that happens everywhere I'm seeing a change

Whats really getting me is your step 3. This is something I can repro every single time, whether between the floor and native, copying and pasting on the floor, or copying and pasting on Native

@Foxmeister sorry to keep bugging you, but are you back on 3.6 now? Could you please check that single preset and see if copying and pasting it makes the deluxe comp level change from 15 to 0.5 on snapshot 4?

On the Floor I am using command center stuff so maybe that’s a source of trouble but I would think that shouldn’t affect native

I don’t mean to be rude, I really don’t, but have we not been through a handful of these threads with OP here and in the other place where the issue is totally not reproducible outside his system or even due to errors on his part with other connected hardware?

IIRC some of those threads ended up with him rage quitting and blocking people.

For his sake, I hope it gets resolved…whatever the issue.

I don’t mean to be rude, I really don’t, but have we not been through a handful of these threads with OP here and in the other place where the issue is totally not reproducible outside his system or even due to errors on his part with other connected hardware?

I'm more inclined to believe that it could be happening only because I've seen my own parameters reset to their lowest possible setting when I know for damn sure I didn't leave them that way. So far for me it has been few, far between, and highly inconsistent unlike what OP is experiencing. If I had more time I'd pull my Floor out of storage and try it out but I'm down one coworker and I have a bedridden soon-to-be-graduate that I'd like to see walk the stage this week.

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

I've been experimenting with the shared preset, I do notice a bug where the parameters don't change when going randomly between the four first snapshots in helix native.
I will post a video later.

There is a huge amount snapshot controlled parameters in that preset.

I will try to play with it in the Helix Floor.

Last edited:
@Foxmeister sorry to keep bugging you, but are you back on 3.6 now? Could you please check that single preset and see if copying and pasting it makes the deluxe comp level change from 15 to 0.5 on snapshot 4?

On the Floor I am using command center stuff so maybe that’s a source of trouble but I would think that shouldn’t affect native
On Snapshot 4, it has a level of 0.5 when I load the file.

1686029542290.png

This agrees with the JSON in the file:

1686029708769.png

Looking inside "sP51 cm 8-15.hlx."
That's weird, here snapshot3 (displayed as 4 "Keyboard") I have 15.0375 and also why is yours rounded?

snapshot3 keyboard.png

That's weird, here snapshot3 (displayed as 4 "Keyboard") I have 15.0375 and also why is yours rounded?
I think Pipeline has updated the share - I've downloaded that reset 3 times now, twice yesterday and once just now:

1686031477972.png

The two files from yesterday have the same size, and when I diff them, they are identical.

When I compare one of these to the file I downloaded this morning, well, they are very, very different!

https://www.diffchecker.com/na6gDat4/

I was waiting for the “how short was your dress” and no it turns out to be bugs that are documented in the actual HX release notes. I only block people who lie about it me and I don’t know any thread I rage quit.

What the heck, these are two completely different presets.
One has 0.50, the other has 15.0735 for Snapshot 4.

Case closed?

Edit: Sorry James, I figured everyone had already grabbed it who was going to grab it, this is a different copy of the preset now

There's a video in this very thread showing the same preset changing from 15 to 0.5 after being copied. The other thread (which I didn;t start) has others confirming their own presets changing between native and floor

What two presets are you talking about? If you mean the bundle vs the single preset, yes those are different. Though NEITHER was saved with the level at 0.5, that only happened on exporting the bundle. Case very much still open

I think Pipeline has updated the share - I've downloaded that reset 3 times now, twice yesterday and once just now:

View attachment 7883

The two files from yesterday have the same size, and when I diff them, they are identical.

When I compare one of these to the file I downloaded this morning, well, they are very, very different!

https://www.diffchecker.com/na6gDat4/
Oh shoot yeah, that link was only good for the first time...I am trying to export and see what does and doesn't change the value of that particular preset...The current one was created by opening the bundle on my laptop helix native and exporting it

Here's something interesting though!

If I import the preset, and then export it again and diff the resulting file with the original, they are very different:

https://www.diffchecker.com/6fvX8vGT/

When I look at the original file, path 2 has a "block10" that doesn't exist when I import the file:

1686032254887.png

If I try to add this block to the preset in HX Edit, it is grayed out, so there isn't enough DSP and clearly HX Edit must have stripped it out when importing it:

1686032362095.png

Since Pipeline is using Native for most of his tests, I'm thinking this could be because either:

1. DSP limits are turned off in Native.
2. The DSP limits between Native and the hardware are not the same.

Interesting!!!

Here's how I have it set in Native, thats weird, it loads in my floor ok, just with the wrong values

broke.png

Looks like this preset has been back an forth between multiple versions of HX Edit and Native, and was tampered with while we're testing it.

What exactly are we supposed to look for?

Back