Helix 3.6 bugs still in 3.61

I think i saw a couple mentions this week? Keep in mind this is a HX Edit update, not new firmware.

They did fix the bug where bass cabs displayed guitar mic graphics :giggle:

I put this on L6 forums and made a support ticket, hopefully this gets somewhere. I have dozens of presets for my live setlists that are just too randomly changed to use now. Almost negates the point of having a whole multi fx unit

In my case it mostly wouldn't matter as most of the ones I have checked are already corrupted. Loading the old bundle on my mac which is still on Helix Native 3.5 I am still ok, so thats where Ill be reloading from if there are any fixes

It this happening just with bundles or does it happen with individual presets and/or set lists too?

I just tried exporting all my Helix LT presets as a bundle and then reimported them, but I didn't notice any differences in the handful of presets I spot checked.

good question, I'll try and find for 100% sure...I thought I did it with setlists and had it happen, but now I'm doubting

Deluxe comp is definitely distorting in 3.6 using the same settings that didn't distort in 3.5...To be fair its with the attack at minimum, but still

Copying and pasting a preset on the Floor is changing the parameters as well. Craziest one now is that it actually seemed to add a compressor!

Here is a video of HX Edit changing parameters when copying and pasting a preset. I have to say, this product is seriously unusable at this point, its too damn unpredictable

Ive restored back to 3.5 for both floor and native and HX edit, but loading even older bundles is changing at random, there may be something in the configs or registry that isnt overwritten possibly...This is an awful mess now

If you shared your preset here, others could at least try to replicate the issue to see if it's a bug or something specific to your system. P.S. for the love of god please say you don't have a MIDI loopback connected again.

I'm seriously bummin, but I hold out hope that a future update will allow me to load an older bundle, since I am not (hopefully) modifying them

Though a few updates ago, we did see Helix actually modifying files and saving them that way (toggle vs heel down/heel up) so there's a chance my actual bundles are corrupted

Sure! Here is the bundle from the video. In the setlist "By Key Single path" you could use any of the first 12 presets, such as 01a. On the Parametric EQ on path 2 on the 12 string snapshot, in Helix 3.5 High frequency will be 5,5khz, but in 3.6 if will likely go down to 500hz.

Even in 3.5 (and this is why I think there is something in the configs possibly) even on Helix Native, if I switch to a different setlist and switch back, usually the frequency changes from 5.5khz to 500hz, though I haven't saved anything.

Also is a preset that you see in the video, where copying it and pasting it changes snapshot 4's deluxe compressor from Level 15.0 to level 0.5

Also if you get a chance to try this on 3.5 note that the 12 string snapshot compressor setting does not distort while on 3.6 it does (confirmed by someone else on another recent thread here)

Back