Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

IMG_3158.jpeg

There's no "there" there yet. Maybe in a year or so when they've demonstrated what kind of aftermarket support they're willing to give it. But for right now? What's the point?

Kinda like me with the QC, I bought it last December for a good deal used when it hit a level of maturity I was comfortable with. As you said, maybe TMP in a couple years, but by then we probably have Axe FX 4 and Helix 2 and who knows what else. Fender IMO needs to get going on development if they don't want to be left behind.

Love the idea, glad I didn't pursue it though. I've seen them sell in the $1250-1300 range used sometimes.
I bought mine through ZZounds but after buying it at $1699 I saw it on Guitar Center's website for 10% off if you signed up for GC's newsletter or something like that. So I called ZZounds as they have a price guarantee for 90 days and they verified the price difference then gave me $170 back. They were awesome and it saved me money!

Last edited:
I utilize pretty basic presets but I like mine. I always liked Fractal but found myself tweaking more than playing. I'm set with my TMP. It sounds great on my nightly practice sessions through my studio monitors and my small gigs where volume is an issue. When I can I still roll a real amp and cab on stage. I'm close to my name coming up for the V2 preamp for my Fr12 and then I should be good for a minute.

Fractal is doing the exact opposite.

It's a shame the price competes with Fractal floorboards because Fender isn't capable of competing with them on any other front.

Cliff lasered in on their launch and leapfrogged their unique selling points (top tier Fender amps, very realistic spring reverb) with new firmware updates before they could even fix their gimped 5153 model.

Fender should gun for NDSP, tho. Way better positioning and a much, much slower target to hit.

It's a shame the price competes with Fractal floorboards because Fender isn't capable of competing with them on any other front.

Cliff lasered in on their launch and leapfrogged their unique selling points (top tier Fender amps, very realistic spring reverb) with new firmware updates before they could even fix their gimped 5153 model.

Fender should gun for NDSP, tho. Way better positioning and a much, much slower target to hit.

I think the price is most important thing for Fender to change if they want to compete. If they could drop the price by a few hundred dollars, people will stop making direct comparisons to Fractal and Line6 and NDSP. Fender will never win those comparisons.

Last edited:
Back