Why can’t I do this on Helix?

I’ve been complaining in the general direction of Line 6 as long as I’ve had a Helix because I wanna do stuff that would require an LFO to control an FX parameter. I’ve found workarounds for most things, but it would a lot easier if we had some shit like Boss has had since probably the GT-6. I just wanna trigger lazer/spaceship/murder insect noises off a momentary switch the way this works off input dynamics.

Anybody have any bright ideas before I just go buy a GX-100 for this project?

queue reaction s GIF

I believe I've stumbled upon something that is input-triggered like an LFO and speaks Midi, so you can hook it up for expression duties. 🤷‍♂️
That’s my other option. I’m violently adverse to adding anything else to my floor space, so I gotta convince myself, lol. I’d rather buy a whole other all-in-one, with as little sense as that makes. The idea of connecting/disconnecting MIDI and another power supply every time I set up or having to build a “board” to avoid it both make me itchy.

I wonder if there’s a clever way to use the new feedbacker effect with a fast attack to get something like this.
I’ve played with it some and there are some cool things to be done there. I really want to be able to add a modifier to any effect parameter, though. It would be fun to have for stuff like the ring mod, synths, tremolo, etc. Hold a button and have the pitch ricochet back and forth at 16th note intervals while the tremolo speed slowly goes down or up and shit.

Obviously not controlled by pick attack, but can't you assign the pitch drop to a footswitch or expression pedal with the current pitch effects in Helix?

but...

..yes please!!
Yeah, I’m doing things now via expression or momentary switch, but I’d like to ramp up/down parameters over time as well.

Back