Helix 3.2 when?

no-talk-fight-club.gif

What about an update would make that decision?

D

If it's worth hanging on to. I am a little upset at Line 6 right now for very good reasons. Reasons good enough to abandon the brand altogether. And no I am not going to go into details. I dont want to get into a pi$$ing match about them. On the whole Line 6 is the best company to deal with when it comes to customer service and a company that cares about it's customers. I just had a bad experience. I would continue to recommend them to whoever asks, it's just my situation in particular.

Last edited:
If it's worth hanging on to. I am a little upset at Line 6 right now for very good reasons. Reasons good enough to abandon the brand altogether. And no I am not going to go into details. I dont want to get into a pi$$ing match about them. On the whole Line 6 is the best company to deal with when it comes to customer service and a company that cares about it's customers. I just had a bad experience. I would continue to recommend them to whoever asks, it's just my situation in particular.
Imo it’s worth using helix as it is today… without an update. There so many good thing inside that it just takes a good look at a pedaltrain classic sized pedalboard filled with stuff to relalize that whatever bonuses we get spoiled with from Line 6, there’s still to this day enough in there, for an unbeatable price…

If you mean pissing contest between other modelers… I say nothing, because I know nothing. I just know I love to use my Stomp… every day and each time I turn it on it inspires me to do new crazy things.

I haven’t even scratched the surface on the previous update…

Hope you fin a solution and resolve that problem of yours… sucks to be mad… if that’s what you are.

Imo it’s worth using helix as it is today… without an update. There so many good thing inside that it just takes a good look at a pedaltrain classic sized pedalboard filled with stuff to relalize that whatever bonuses we get spoiled with from Line 6, there’s still to this day enough in there, for an unbeatable price…

Very true. I mean, I'm not even using the modeling in mine right now, so it's pretty much a glorified midi controller/fx unit/pedalboard/IEM mixer, and even for my use, for it's weight/size/features/cost, you can't touch it.

Very true. I mean, I'm not even using the modeling in mine right now, so it's pretty much a glorified midi controller/fx unit/pedalboard/IEM mixer, and even for my use, for it's weight/size/features/cost, you can't touch it.

I know so many uses for it and thats why right now it's like having an irritating drunken roommate that always pays his rent on time and keeps his areas clean. I want to bail on this thing but doing so isn't exactly smart.

I know so many uses for it and thats why right now it's like having an irritating drunken roommate that always pays his rent on time and keeps his areas clean. I want to bail on this thing but doing so isn't exactly smart.
I’m curious. Is it something that happened to your Helix or is it something you want it to do but it currently doesn’t?

If you mean pissing contest between other modelers… I say nothing, because I know nothing. I just know I love to use my Stomp… every day and each time I turn it on it inspires me to do new crazy things.

I haven’t even scratched the surface on the previous update…

Hope you fin a solution and resolve that problem of yours… sucks to be mad… if that’s what you are.

Well I don't mind mentioning the problem (that I had to fix myself btw) I had with my LT. Still under warranty and sent it in for an intermittent switch and freezing issues. They sent it right back in the exact same condition and no update to my ticket whatsoever. So I opened it up and fixed the switch myself. I also managed to eliminate the freezing by going back several firmware builds and re-flashing with current. I've got 15 years in the field repairing electronics so there's not much I cant figure out myself but a warranty is a warranty.

Not just that they didn't fix it, but there was no communication whatsoever about what they did or didn't do.

Last edited:
Well I don't mind mentioning the problem (that I had to fix myself btw) I had with my LT. Still under warranty and sent it in for an intermittent switch and freezing issues. They sent it right back in the exact same condition and no update to my ticket whatsoever. So I opened it up and fixed the switch myself. I also managed to eliminate the freezing by going back several firmware builds and re-flashing with current. I've got 15 years in the field repairing electronics so there's not much I cant figure out myself but a warranty is a warranty.

Not just that they didn't fix it, but there was no communication whatsoever about what they did or didn't do.
Sucks… that was very unfortunate also as they normally have very good support (ime).

Hey.. one of my stomp switches is noisy.. like it makes sqeeky sounds when pressing it. To me and in my imagination it sounds like there is a spring grinding against something. Any idea what’s up with that? My Stomp is “old” but mostly used at home so I’ve been babying it good, so I don’t really want to send it away.
The switch isn’t harder to press than the others though… it’s just.. grindy. Is there something I can do from the outside? I’ve been inside an LT once but the stomp is like… no way I’m picking that thing apart :ROFLMAO:

Sucks… that was very unfortunate also as they normally have very good support (ime).

Hey.. one of my stomp switches is noisy.. like it makes sqeeky sounds when pressing it. To me and in my imagination it sounds like there is a spring grinding against something. Any idea what’s up with that? My Stomp is “old” but mostly used at home so I’ve been babying it good, so I don’t really want to send it away.
The switch isn’t harder to press than the others though… it’s just.. grindy. Is there something I can do from the outside? I’ve been inside an LT once but the stomp is like… no way I’m picking that thing apart :ROFLMAO:

Nope. Most likely some sand or something got between the seal and the plunger. You can try squirting some DeOxit or something on there and twisting it but sounds like it needs to be opened up and cleaned properly. May work though and wont hurt the switch to try.

Was this recently?

I am definitely "team Line 6", but a spade is a spade, and I just had my footswitches replaced, and used the advanced replacement warranty to do so, which means they sent me a loaner, so I was good, BUT, I had no contact from them for like 3 or 4 weeks, come to find out, my ticket was "closed" by accident, for some reason, so, it was fixed, but wasn't sent back for a while, so, something is definitely going on in their service dept.

Quite possible. Matter of fact your prediction is the closest I have seen yet.
I think I want to change that as 30th is a Sunday my new guesses
26 /27 or 2/3. I am leaning towards the latter
We will see. And sorry to hear about your service woes that is odd and sounds like someone dropped the ball , had you reached out to Frank ?

When he gets involved usually things get handled efficiently

I think I want to change that as 30th is a Sunday my new guesses
26 /27 or 2/3. I am leaning towards the latter
We will see. And sorry to hear about your service woes that is odd and sounds like someone dropped the ball , had you reached out to Frank ?

When he gets involved usually things get handled efficiently

there's another sore spot. Frank is a personal friend of mine. We used to be neighbors. I prefer not to bother him.

Was this recently?

I am definitely "team Line 6", but a spade is a spade, and I just had my footswitches replaced, and used the advanced replacement warranty to do so, which means they sent me a loaner, so I was good, BUT, I had no contact from them for like 3 or 4 weeks, come to find out, my ticket was "closed" by accident, for some reason, so, it was fixed, but wasn't sent back for a while, so, something is definitely going on in their service dept.

Yes it was recent. No loaner for me. 2 weeks or so.

Huh.. I've noticed that CS hasn't been as responsive as it was pre-covid. Maybe resources have been spread thin? Sorry it happened to ya @Bob Zaod footswitches are a pain to deal with and are one of the most vulnerable parts besides USB ports.

Huh.. Was it not the Beta thing that got you mad?

Huh.. Was it not the Beta thing that got you mad?

No. I have been thinking of leaving the program because I work so much these days. I got a lil miffed at Eric yes but that was just the straw. I have no issues with him. I was over that in 20 minutes or so. Yes I am an ex-beta tester now after requesting they release me. As far as what I said to Eric in the other forum, I just don't put up with anything from anyone and never have. I won't have someone holding that over my head like he's some kind of person with control over me. I have been in many beta test programs though the years and I'm sure I will see a few more.

I don't see any benefit in helping them out after the way I was treated with the issues my LT had.

Last edited:
Back