Helix 3.2 when?

Yeah, I see two scenarios:

1. To incorporate into a pedal board = the Stomp OG all the way.
2. As a stand alone “fly rig” = Stomp XL. Add an expression pedal and you good to go.

Stomp XL is the ultimate flyrig, in my book. Functionality-wise is a baby Helix you can tuck away comfortably in a backpack/luggage.

I still think something in between the Stomp XL and Helix LT would be awesome. Full Helix power (or even 50% more than Stomp) so I could run dual amps with all my effects would be killer, but not taking up a massive amount of space. I can work with the switches on the Stomp XL too.

I still think something in between the Stomp XL and Helix LT would be awesome. Full Helix power (or even 50% more than Stomp) so I could run dual amps with all my effects would be killer, but not taking up a massive amount of space. I can work with the switches on the Stomp XL too.
I agree. I probably wouldn’t have sold my Stomp, if it had more juice.

Yeah - I agree. I was hoping for a Helix sized Pod Go. Or even a Helix in the Headrush Gigboard form factor. Something like that.

I agree. I probably wouldn’t have sold my Stomp, if it had more juice.
You can try to view the stomp as a stompbox that can morph into other stompboxes instead of a complete rig modeler with limited DSP.
For example, one day you just need a Reverb, IR Loader, EQ, Delay, etc. to add to your pedal board, so instead of buying a new 300$ reverb pedal you pull the Stomp out of storage.

You can try to view the stomp as a stompbox that can morph into other stompboxes instead of a complete rig modeler with limited DSP.
For example, one day you just need a Reverb, IR Loader, EQ, Delay, etc. to add to your pedal board, so instead of buying a new 300$ reverb pedal you pull the Stomp out of storage.
This.

As soon as I started to view the stomp as a very capable guitar effect pedal instead of a modeler only… everything felt better. However. If gigs and live performing is in the equation it’s a different story.. but as a homeplayer, there is not yet a better “pedal” than the Stomp. It also helps that Line 6 own amp model designs is very efficient in dsp.

I'm not a gig'ing pro just a room player but i practice and play everyday for 2-3 hours on average so I need my helix on a daily basis
So i am considering some form of backup in case my Helix fails and have to send it out for repair
Stomp seems to be the ticket

I'm not a gig'ing pro just a room player but i practice and play everyday for 2-3 hours on average so I need my helix on a daily basis
So i am considering some form of backup in case my Helix fails and have to send it out for repair
I think stomp is an excellent backup to Helix sounds. You won’t have a full helix preset but about half… at least it’s the sounds you know.
Just go into it with the mindset that Stomp is a Helix Small.

If I had a tube amp I’d always have a stomp on the pedal board. It just makes too much sense. You can do just about any basic effect, you can do a number of time based effects to use in the loop, you can use it as a backup if your amp fails.

I’ve posted before running an Iridium with the Stomp opens up a ton of DSP. Another neat option would be running external reverb.

I think stomp is an excellent backup to Helix sounds. You won’t have a full helix preset but about half… at least it’s the sounds you know.
Just go into it with the mindset that Stomp is a Helix Small.
Id like a mini Helix though, something like the headrush MX5 in the same price bracket :idk

It is, specially if you're already a Helix user. You can easily condense your existing presets into something that'll fit the Stomp, and then just toss it in your gigbag pocket for a perfect backup setup.

Last edited:
I agree there were some mock-ups from years back somewhere and I always thought it looked great about AX8 sized 8 foot switches screen. No exp pedal and maybe removing some I/O
1099 same as FM3 I would be Intrested for sure

Nostradamus predicts...

* Marvel in awe at my Microsoft Paint skillz.

Nostradamus.jpg

Back