Guitar to amp/modeler price ratio: Mine is pretty out of whack

Today I'll be playing a 1k guitar into a 1.5k modeler into a 1.5k tube amp
Happy Star Trek GIF

A dearly departed buddy of mine back east did some work on his car decades ago and said his ego could barely make it through the garage door.
I would expect a certain base line of ego to be required of someone willing to charge one or two people $7500 or more for the chance to visit him at his home to cook them a meal and talk to them about his amazing life experiences:

I would expect a certain base line of ego to be required of someone willing to charge one or two people $7500 or more for the chance to visit him at his home to cook them a meal and talk to them about his amazing life experiences:

I'd love to book the dinner, attend using a check that bounces right after I ask for the ranch dressing :love

Funniest thing about Al is he carries this air of elegance about him. The way he dresses with the perfectly manicured beard and designer eyeglasses.

Then he opens his mouth and sounds like a reject from The Jersey Shore's casting call. :rofl

$50 a pair back in the 90s.....

Sergio-Valente-Jeans-Ad.jpg
I thought this madness had passed by the late '80s?

(I had a friend at the time who would wear those awful Jordache jeans with the stripes, and his dad would call him Uncle Sam ROTFLMAO.)

Last edited:

For $9,500 a person you can have the dinner at his villa in Italy with a private concert on the patio overlooking the ocean

IMG_3546.jpeg

Funniest thing about Al is he carries this air of elegance about him. The way he dresses with the perfectly manicured beard and designer eyeglasses.

Then he opens his mouth and sounds like a reject from The Jersey Shore's casting call. :rofl
I dunno, its more the "I don't care what kind of great polyrhtym-against-the-clave-in harmelodilixolidian V of the ii chord sophisticated shit you're playing, it sounds like smooth jazz" disjointedness that I find off-putting.

Back