Guitar to amp/modeler price ratio: Mine is pretty out of whack

reminds me of the part of my Badlander tenure that I greatly disliked.
You can't use the digital aspect of an amp if it's broken

Think About It GIF by Identity

In Mike's defense, he did add a feature where you can at least turn off the lit up moon IR designator.
Now it just looks like the biggest jewel lamp ever when it's dark.

In Mike's defense, he did add a feature where you can at least turn off the lit up moon IR designator.
Now it just looks like the biggest jewel lamp ever.
One of things I love about the 30 is just the minimal tweaking needed. It does what it does and does it well.

I don't have to worry about IRs or which galaxy im on, just crunch or overdrive. I guess I'm paying more for less but here I am 🤣

Where does your pedalboard factor into this? For a long time I had a cheap guitar, a cheap amp, and a bazillion dollars in pedals.

Where does your pedalboard factor into this? For a long time I had a cheap guitar, a cheap amp, and a bazillion dollars in pedals.
My pedalboard is like this "centered on a modeler with a tuner and octave pedal and guitar synth 99.9% of the time" thing. The only thing that changes from board to board is the board itself as I am always shifting from one size form factor to another. And like @Boudoir Guitar said; do discount the power of a curated Amazon cheapie! Best RAT and Klon-y thing I have had for pennies on the dollar! Or something like that :pickle

I would expect a certain base line of ego to be required of someone willing to charge one or two people $7500 or more for the chance to visit him at his home to cook them a meal and talk to them about his amazing life experiences:

No personalized dinner or anything but it sounds like you would have a lot more fun with Josh Freese.

The only bad thing about the SLO30 where the Astro might edge it is the fact that the SLO30 has a badass clean/crunch channel but they share the same volume/gain knobs, so you can’t use them interchangeably. You ain’t living until you soil your pants at the volume shock when you throw the switch to crunch and forget you have the volume and gain cranked from using the clean. :ROFLMAO:

mary elizabeth winstead energy GIF by The Orchard Films

No personalized dinner or anything but it sounds like you would have a lot more fun with Josh Freese.

This mostly just makes me sad that I knew THiS much about Al DiMeola (including that he was willing to cook dinner for fans at a price) with no googling, but yet had to search “Josh Freese”… :bag

Inspired by the PRS Goldtop thread. A good e-friend pointed out to me that I tend to favor amps/modeler gear that sit at about a 2x (at the least) price ratio compared to whatever guitar I am playing at a given moment. He is very much right. I am not sure what would tip that scale back to a more even 1:1 value at this point :unsure:
I felt one of these up at NAMM and it was fast!

Wasn't able to "plug in" though.

I felt one of these up at NAMM and it was fast!

Wasn't able to "plug in" though.
In the newest Devin vid; he has a black one and it is :satan

Back