Giacomo Pasquali - Boutique Tones - Impulse Responses

dean701

Roadie
I've once again been testing out impulse responses (like I need any) and these are fantastic.
The mic choices are very diverse and I recommend them. Obviously IRs are a personal thing but for anyone doubting his process and product, I would put that to rest.
He used a dyna mount for recording with the Hailstone software but the software isn't needed as there are separate folders per microphone and some mixes are included. (about 700 total files per bit rate - 63 per mic and 12 mixes)

I was doing a bit of a shoot out between York M25, M20, KW, OH GNR 25 and 75 and the Giocomo HRTG pack.
These are easily just as good and organized easier IMO. I especially like the work with the VR2 mic. To me, it's the sleeper in the bunch.
Great work Giocomo.

1715915607621.png

I'm going to try out the v30 stuff next and compare to my current favorites.

After buying the G12 pack, I actually found this. Looks promising.

Last edited:
I had some time to go through the v30s.
All in all, I favor the MESAB pack followed by the BOGNER SL v30.
The HRTG is still the show stopper though. (g12) They cite them as accurate IRs. Accurate isn't really how I would have stated. I'm sure they are very accurate but I would categorize them as RAW. There are tons of impulses out there. Some are more processed than others and received more EQ. I would put these in the less processed category and the canvas is all yours.

been playing these ones. Very nice.
I love the SE VR2 mic choice.

Back