York Audio

It's true there's a little bit of messing about with Cab Lab. You can audition live with the Axe connected though (albeit with some added latency).
Yup! It just sucks if you think your set, export it, and then realize maybe you wanted something a little different.

Fire up cab lab again, edit, export, etc.

In an ideal world, you just are able to slot in a DynaCab IR and edit it the same as the factory dynacabs without having to be tethered to cab lab

Yup! It just sucks if you think your set, export it, and then realize maybe you wanted something a little different.

In an ideal world, you just are able to slot in a DynaCab IR and edit it the same as the factory dynacabs without having to be tethered to cab lab
Probably not enough memory for that. I wish they just assimilated legacy factory IR collection space for DynaCabs.

Oh for sure, I agree!

My understanding is that there just isn't enough storage on the FAS devices to include hundreds of thousands of individual DynaCab files, so this is a workaround for that (?).

EDIT: @laxu Jinx!

The KM 184 and York's two 421s make this incredibly tempting even for someone like myself that doesn't really like V30s.

And I'm also thinking that we're going to see an Axe FX IV sooner now because of issues like adding new DynaCabs. I was thinking 2026 for the IV, but my guess is we'll see it early next year now.

I am getting more and more pissy and belligerent about anything and everything that cuts
into my precious play time. :hmm

Real Love Miami GIF by The Roku Channel

Add 20 years. It's way worse and far more urgent.

:rofl

And I'm also thinking that we're going to see an Axe FX IV sooner now because of issues like adding new DynaCabs. I was thinking 2026 for the IV, but my guess is we'll see it early next year now.
I don't think more and more Dyna-Cabs are a particularly big deal though, the current ones do a lot. A next gen unit has to be something more major than "Axe-Fx 3 Mk 3 with more Dyna-Cab space".

It has been silent on the Fractal front for over a month now so I expect Cliff is either cooking up some modeling update, working on a new product or helping to get the FM3 to do gapless switching. Maybe all three.

I think it would be awfully difficult to get that York pack on the hardware , I think there is like 16-20 mics and four different mic pre used lol 😂

I think it would be awfully difficult to get that York pack on the hardware , I think there is like 16-20 mics and four different mic pre used lol 😂

This is why I just buy packs from York, and only use the mixes. 15-20 files and done. (And M01 is going to get you 90% there anyway :ROFLMAO: )

They could have a "best of" selection just like the factory Dyna-Cabs do.

Actually it would be cool if you could build your own hardware Dyna-Cab setup in Cab Lab. You get to pick the limited set of mics from any of the ones available so if you don't like a SM57, you pick e.g a 421 instead.

Last edited:
Back