Fractal to ToneX all in the box routing

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
Has anyone figured out the proper routing to do a ToneX cap of a Fractal amp? I want to use it in either my iPad or a laptop, for practice away from my FM9.

I asked on the FB Fractal group, and one guy said “just use your interface” (thanks, Captain Obvious), and another walking, talking human dildo said “just buy an FM3”.
Pop Tv No GIF by Schitt's Creek

I think there’s a way to run it out Output 1, then back into either input 2 or 3, and run a block there to be captured.

Out of your interface into input 1--->amp block--->cab block--->out to second interface input?

I got it to work, so I can definitely say it’s doable. I think my preset was basically USB Input (ch7) to signal chain, then to Out 1. You then have to either mute Out 1 or swap the USB routing in the Setup tab to prevent the phasing that you get from that setup. It’s confusing. In a few days, I’ll be back at my unit and can’t describe in better detail. Suffice to say for now, it’s possible to do this.

Nah dude, using just the FM9 as the interface. Keeping it all digital. I don’t have a reamp box, and don’t really want to buy one if I don’t have to.
- Create a preset with just USB input -> Amp -> Cab (optional) -> OUT2
- In the amp block set input select to "Left only"
- Turn off the noise gate in the USB Input block

In Tonex connection diagram assign ports like this:
- Signal coming from guitar to USB input 5 (Instrument in)
- "Return from rig" path to USB input 3 and (optionally) 4
- "Send to rig" path to USB output 7
- Monitors to USB outputs 1 and 2

On the FM9 connect your guitar to input 1 and monitors to output 1 as usual.

Last edited:
- Create a preset with just USB input -> Amp -> Cab (optionally) -> OUT2
- In the amp block set input select to "Left only"

In Tonex connection diagram assign ports like this:
- Signal coming from guitar to USB input 5 (Instrument in)
- "Return from rig" path to USB input 3 and (optionally) 4
- "Send to rig" path to USB output 7
- Monitors to USB outputs 1 and 2

On the FM9 connect your guitar to input 1 and monitors to output 1 as usual.
Nice. One thing I’m not clear on is why you need the connection from guitar, at least for training purposes.

What CPU, GPU are you using for the training?

It seems to be optimized for Intel CPU over AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU (CUDA compute cores) over AMD GPU. I'm not sure the AMD GPU is used at all.

Back