Starting to take shape (Pedalboard build rev0.5’ish)

Once you dive into the heads (especially true in stereo) the Volante really stretches its legs. A wet/dry/wet solution would showcase it. I’m working on getting my w/d/w setup going. Just need another cab. The delays I’ll use will be the Volente and Boss EVH unit. Yes, the reverb used tastefully add depth and indeed, rounds it out is a great way to describe it. I, too, use things like mechanics, wow and flutter on the easy side but the age settings vary according to desire.

If you bond with it and keep it, you may want to consider looking at the following:

View attachment 25262

(y)

I’ve already been looking at that to have an always ready looper controller. Plus is can work with my other Strymon pedals for favorites etc.

Also need a latching foot switch for the JC to control the on/off for chorus. (Why would I ever turn it off doe :ROFLMAO:)

I refrained from commenting on it earlier because my first impression was bleh. Luckily I did because when I went back to play it the second time I realized I had the speed switch set to half. :facepalm Once I fixed that I was able to dial in a really nice base delay. I’m kind of figuring out the face controls. Smidge of mechanics, and wear on studio mode with the golden ratio selected is super nice. Need to screw around with the silver ratio. I also actually kinda like the spring reverb on it. I’m not a spring guy, but adding just a touch of it really rounds out the tone, especially if not using a verb down chain. So far so good! (And I haven’t really messed with any of the head and feedback buttons, just have the 4th head selected for both for the time being)
Don't give up on the half speed option yet though. It changes the pitch, how the mechanics play with the whole thing etc.

It's very rare for me to have the Volante with only one playback/feedback head. At minimum I usually have two. With 3-4 leaving out some feedback heads or holding the playback head to make it half volume works nicely.

Also if you use it in stereo, remember to pan the heads by holding feedback and turning the time knob.

Also instead of the Strymon Multiswitch, I'd just go straight for MIDI control.

Don't give up on the half speed option yet though. It changes the pitch, how the mechanics play with the whole thing etc.

It's very rare for me to have the Volante with only one playback/feedback head. At minimum I usually have two. With 3-4 leaving out some feedback heads or holding the playback head to make it half volume works nicely.

Also if you use it in stereo, remember to pan the heads by holding feedback and turning the time knob.

Also instead of the Strymon Multiswitch, I'd just go straight for MIDI control.

Yeah I think it just caught me off guard, especially since I didn’t catch it initially. I was messing with half speed mode earlier and created a really cool patch now that I’m getting a little more comfortable with the controls. (And was expecting the setting lol!

I’m still trying to get a feel for the playback/feedback heads and the interaction with the spacing knob and time etc. Lots to fiddle with.

@laxu @KingsXJJ What’s your settings on your favorite Volante preset? Starting to get a feel for it, with all the stereo panning and using the half volume head option etc. Just curious what your go-to preset is configured like.

@laxu @KingsXJJ What’s your settings on your favorite Volante preset? Starting to get a feel for it, with all the stereo panning and using the half volume head option etc. Just curious what your go-to preset is configured like.
This is gonna sound like a cop out but start here Amigo.
IMG_0355.png

IMG_0356.png

Yeah I’ve messed around with the factory presets, just curious if y’all had a golden home-brew preset that you’ve dialed in.
I started with those as templates and tweaked from there. No idea how or where I ended up TBH. Wish we could export and share presets though.

I started with those as templates and tweaked from there. No idea how or where I ended up TBH. Wish we could export and share presets though.

I thought they had that Nixie editor, but it doesn’t look like you can use it with the Volante. Dang.

The "Middle in" factory preset is pretty similar to what I use as my general setting, except I use the tape delay, less modulation and repeats, with more high cut. It's hard to settle on a specific sound because there's so many good ones!

I tend to start with playback head 3 enabled and then figure out what to do with the rest.

Yeah Nixie 2 is still on the way, it would be really nice to have.

Back