Fractal to ToneX all in the box routing

ew, not Windows. Mac Mini M1.
Nice- a mac bigot. :)

Some Macs also have GPU cards. Not sure if they are used for training or not.

I think the ARM Macs were listing as ~2 hour training times. I'd be interested to see what you get.

The fastest times I've seen so far from anyone are 16 minutes that somebody got on an icky windows machine with a top end nvidia GPU but a non-optimal AMD CPU. I expect the fastest time possible will be around 5 minutes (plus the capture time) due to overhead- 10 minutes total but I guess the absolute best would be 0 minutes for the training time (shouldn't be possible) and 5 minutes for the capture time.

It is pretty cool to see those thousands of compute cores on a GPU put to use.

Last edited:
I honestly want to see a modeler company’s reaction to their models being modeled by another modeler.
F1BBD4A6-3555-4810-AE47-BFED7B9DD8A6.gif

Has anyone figured out the proper routing to do a ToneX cap of a Fractal amp? I want to use it in either my iPad or a laptop, for practice away from my FM9.

I asked on the FB Fractal group, and one guy said “just use your interface” (thanks, Captain Obvious), and another walking, talking human dildo said “just buy an FM3”.
Pop Tv No GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

I think there’s a way to run it out Output 1, then back into either input 2 or 3, and run a block there to be captured.
If there's a way to contact Mike Roe on ToneNet. He's posted quite a few Fractal captures. Not sure if he's using any outboard gear.

That’s not nice.

I don’t see how people would be getting two hours for Advanced on M1’s. I’m at 98% after 54 minutes.
They may be dual booting to windows :) Or maybe they have an add on GPU. Even *I* routinely carry my m1 mbp around now, but I'm not under any delusions that you would want to use a mac in a performance intensive application like this. That said a lot of the guys contributing to these types of products on the open source side are mac nuts AND have external GPUs so, never say never

They may be dual booting to windows :) Or maybe they have an add on GPU. Even *I* routinely carry my m1 mbp around now, but I'm not under any delusions that you would want to use a mac in a performance intensive application like this. That said a lot of the guys contributing to these types of products on the open source side are mac nuts AND have external GPUs so, never say never
Well, 55 minutes in advanced capture is good enough for me.

Having shot a few captures of my favorite Fractal stuff, I'd agree- it sounds great to me. It isn't identical but it is good. I don't have a recent enough ipad or decent enough ipad interface to really use it there but its cool that it works that way.

Already done, sir. This is awesome. I finished the cap at 55 minutes, and then found it on my iPad, and plugged in. Sounds awesome!

Does it require a separate license for iPad? I see something about a @#$*^@# subscription. I wonder if the ToneX Pedal licenses allow you to use it on iPad without subscription. I need another subscription like another hole in the head

Does it require a separate license for iPad? I see something about a @#$*^@# subscription. I wonder if the ToneX Pedal licenses allow you to use it on iPad without subscription. I need another subscription like another hole in the head
I have the regular ToneX SE license, so I just signed in, and it works. No subscription.

It’s got a GPU; 8 core. Just not in the way Windows guys are used to.
I think you know what I mean- a discrete GPU as opposed to on-CPU GPU.

Discrete GPUs often have hundreds or thousands of compute cores...

I'm a fan of the PowerVR stuff they licensed. I thought it was cool when I first came across it. I had a PowerVR video card for a bit- I was disappointed that it didn't catch on bigger. I remember learning that it was in a LOT of mobile chipsets though, so I guess they got their wins there and again with Apple licensing the tech.

And I'm not a Windows guy... I'm just not an Apple fanatic that takes every opportunity to crap on stuff that other people use that isn't Apple. I was real close to using an iPhone recently but seeing how Apple suppressed communication for protesters in China recently killed it for me. I just couldn't do it. They make some cool stuff, and some stuff I'd never use in a million years.

Back