Fractal to ToneX all in the box routing

I think you know what I mean- a discrete GPU as opposed to on-CPU GPU.

Discrete GPUs often have hundreds or thousands of compute cores...

I'm a fan of the PowerVR stuff they licensed. I thought it was cool when I first came across it. I had a PowerVR video card for a bit- I was disappointed that it didn't catch on bigger. I remember learning that it was in a LOT of mobile chipsets though, so I guess they got their wins there and again with Apple licensing the tech.

And I'm not a Windows guy... I'm just not an Apple fanatic that takes every opportunity to crap on stuff that other people use that isn't Apple. I was real close to using an iPhone recently but seeing how Apple suppressed communication for protesters in China recently killed it for me. I just couldn't do it. They make some cool stuff, and some stuff I'd never use in a million years.
I’m not an Apple fanatic either. And they’re hands are no more dirty than Google’s.

I have the regular ToneX SE license, so I just signed in, and it works. No subscription.
That's cool. Are you doing recording stuff on the iPad? When you get more time with it, I'll be interested to hear how ToneX works in that context. The iPad sure looks like a cool music production device to me, though I've never been able to fully realize it.

Oh for sure... Despicable companies, yet we have no meaningful alternatives.
How about that Ubuntu phone? Firefox phone?

Whats Going On What GIF by ABC Network

:D

How about that Ubuntu phone? Firefox phone?

Whats Going On What GIF by ABC Network

:D
Are these seriously usable devices at this point in time? What devices do they run on that have functional battery life, working cameras, etc... ?

They certainly weren't usable in the past when I looked.

I had one! I liked it, actually.
Everybody that I knew that actually had one liked it. I never had one in time. I had a webOS phone for a couple generations and it was great but just didn't make it. The main UI guy went on to google and apple and google completely ripped off the multitasking interface. So sad. oh well.

I think you know what I mean- a discrete GPU as opposed to on-CPU GPU.

Discrete GPUs often have hundreds or thousands of compute cores...

I'm a fan of the PowerVR stuff they licensed. I thought it was cool when I first came across it. I had a PowerVR video card for a bit- I was disappointed that it didn't catch on bigger. I remember learning that it was in a LOT of mobile chipsets though, so I guess they got their wins there and again with Apple licensing the tech.

And I'm not a Windows guy... I'm just not an Apple fanatic that takes every opportunity to crap on stuff that other people use that isn't Apple. I was real close to using an iPhone recently but seeing how Apple suppressed communication for protesters in China recently killed it for me. I just couldn't do it. They make some cool stuff, and some stuff I'd never use in a million years.

I get it but they liikely didn't have a choice. Since that's where iPhones are manufactured.

I get it but they liikely didn't have a choice. Since that's where iPhones are manufactured.
No, they didn’t have a choice. Which is why they’re diversifying now, with India and other countries. Problem is, we all can talk the big talk, but no one wants to spend 2-3x for a US made iPhone.

No, they didn’t have a choice. Which is why they’re diversifying now, with India and other countries. Problem is, we all can talk the big talk, but no one wants to spend 2-3x for a US made iPhone.

I mean they had a choice, but it probably had consequences. It would have been better for them to not have the control they exerted.

I mean they had a choice, but it probably had consequences. It would have been better for them to not have the control they exerted.
Not really, because of the laws in the US as far as a publicly traded company. If they decided to do the "right thing", and kill a major portion of their market, then there'd be other massive problems. So yeah, "choice", I guess. But dire consequences.

More OT- did you find the captures were pretty satisfactory? I have done a few of my favorite fractal tones. They don't sound identical but they sound great and are pretty close.

I was going to see how it did with two amps in parallel but got side tracked trying to figure out why my 1660ti wasn't getting me faster training times.

More OT- did you find the captures were pretty satisfactory? I have done a few of my favorite fractal tones. They don't sound identical but they sound great and are pretty close.

I was going to see how it did with two amps in parallel but got side tracked trying to figure out why my 1660ti wasn't getting me faster training times.
That's actually on-topic, and yes, it's pretty damn good. What sort of training times are you getting on Advanced?

That's actually on-topic, and yes, it's pretty damn good. What sort of training times are you getting on Advanced?
indeed it is.

I'm getting 17-18 minute training times on the 1660ti on Windows 11 with Hardware GPU Scheduling turned off. (Was 32 mins when it was on and I was mightily disappointed. I find myself wondering what the 1050ti would have done if I flipped that setting. it was roughly 50 minutes)

Someone mentioned that they changed their GPU fan setting higher to prevent it silently throttling down under load. I never thought of that since I wasn't overclocking but I'll give that a try.

~20 minute capture time is pretty tolerable for someone that isn't planning to make a business out of it. I am interested to know what a 2080 ti would do but I don't think I am $400 interested.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
indeed it is.

I'm getting 17-18 minute training times on the 1660ti on Windows 11 with Hardware GPU Scheduling turned off. (Was 32 mins when it was on and I was mightily disappointed. I find myself wondering what the 1050ti would have done if I flipped that setting. it was roughly 50 minutes)

Someone mentioned that they changed their GPU fan setting higher to prevent it silently throttling down under load. I never thought of that since I wasn't overclocking but I'll give that a try.

~20 minute capture time is pretty tolerable for someone that isn't planning to make a business out of it. I am interested to know what a 2080 ti would do but I don't think I am $400 interested.
18 minutes for advanced? That’s pretty good. I could toss ToneX onto my Win11 workstation, which has a Quadro. But I don’t really care about times enough to do so. Once it’s done with the weird sounds and canned riffs, it just does its thing.

I’m trying to capture an FM9 preset and can’t get the routing correct. I used the outlined routing on page 1 of this thread, but am getting no audio into the Tonex modeler software. Are there any audio/midi settings in my MacBook that need to be updated? Are there any settings in the FM9 that would be different from normal performance mode?

Another question: if I can’t get this working, are there any kind, generous souls on this thread that might make a capture for me?

Back