Fractal Talk

Surely I cant be the first one to ask this .... but does the Headphone Jack work ;)

Get out!

Last edited:
Here, let me fractal talk for a moment.
I think wait-lists are a very clever solution to many things, they minimize losses, risks, outdated/extra hardware stocks, and allow the company the window to change anything like hardware revisions and prices.
In reality they are just pseudo pre-orders with no monetary or legal obligations, if anything occurs during that time the company drops you a 'sorry' email and tough luck, or if the customer doesn't want to buy his unit anymore the losses are tiny.

I'm going to shoot straight, wait-lists are perfect for the company and a total horse shit for the customer.
In my personal opinion and form my perspective.

PS.
I love you all my fellow fractal owners and forum peers, don't get all hissy on me now, think of the good times we had. 😝🤡

I'm going to shoot straight, wait-lists are perfect for the company and a total horse shit for the customer.
It depends. I like the direct to consumer relationship, the option to hardware update, and the cheaper price it affords.

My take on this is always the people griping the loudest are also quietly on the waitlist 14 different times. As if they are entitled to gripe simply because they put their name on a list. This "situation" is also compounded by people outside the US not wanting to pay specific vendor prices or they can't get it because their is no official vendor for their country. Buy once cry once!

My take on this is always the people griping the loudest are also quietly on the waitlist 14 different times. As if they are entitled to gripe simply because they put their name on a list. This "situation" is also compounded by people outside the US not wanting to pay specific vendor prices or they can't get it because their is no official vendor for their country. Buy once cry once!
Yeah - its a weird situation where it's almost like they would get less forum hate if they simply didn't bother making their products available outside the US.

Here, let me fractal talk for a moment.
I think wait-lists are a very clever solution to many things, they minimize losses, risks, outdated/extra hardware stocks, and allow the company the window to change anything like hardware revisions and prices.
In reality they are just pseudo pre-orders with no monetary or legal obligations, if anything occurs during that time the company drops you a 'sorry' email and tough luck, or if the customer doesn't want to buy his unit anymore the losses are tiny.

PS.
I love you all my fellow fractal owners and forum peers, don't get all hissy on me now, think of the good times we had. 😝🤡
Wait list, pre-orders, call em whatever you like......at least it's got a JCM 800 model on it!
laugh.gif

And yes, I'll take milk with mine.....
biggrin.gif

To be fair, we are kinda getting buggered price-wise when compared to the US.
Seems like the only way to really deal with that in a meaningful way is if G66 et al. could buy units directly from the factory that makes them. Which is probably never going to happen.

Seems like the only way to really deal with that in a meaningful way is if G66 et al. could buy units directly from the factory that makes them. Which is probably never going to happen.
Aye, never going to happen. The only way you'll see any change is if inMusic or Music Tribe buys Fractal. Which is never going to happen either! :rofl :banana

There's something weird happening with prices in EU, not necessarily with fractal stuff only but with US made products in general, for which I've yet to find an explanation.

The weird thing is that some brands prices are roughly the same as what you'd pay by importing directly from US, so USD price converted in EUR + VAT + import duties.
This is the case for fractal products, e.g. an FM9 with 3-years warranty is 1870$ (before tax) in the US, while it is 2300€ (VAT included) in Europe.

Some other brands prices instead are basically the same as in the US, with the difference that here prices are always shown with VAT included, so it's almost as if these companies somehow found a way to avoid or compensate for the VAT and import duties, or charge more in the US instead.
An example of these is Line6, a Helix is currently 1699$ (before tax) at Sweetwater and 1555€ (VAT included) at Thomann.

This is why there's a lot of people complaining about Fractal prices in EU, basically all other modelers are way cheaper, while in the US an FM9 is about the same price as a Helix.

Back